Denver, CO (USA)

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Stigall
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Denver, CO (USA)

Post by Stigall »

Hi all!

This is my very first time posting to SketchCrawl. I have admired the idea and results of the movement for some time but had yet to get involved - until I saw a Tweet about the idea of tying this next Crawl into a fundraiser for Japan. I thought, 'it's about time you get involved in this, Jim!'

That said, I am going to take on the task/pleasure of organizing this even for my fellow artists in Denver! I work as a Lead Concept Artist for Lego in Louisville, a suburb between Denver and Boulder in the beautiful state of Colorado. As of now I have a few people from work on board and I hope to recruit a bunch more from throughout the Denver Metro Area!

I'll be posting more information about where we will be meeting in particular on the 16th. Right now it will most likely be a day strolling through Denver. So, stay tuned for that.

In the meantime, be sure to check out Enrico's post about getting pledges for this event to help aid Japan's disaster relief: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6355
Print a pledge sheet and start spreading the word!

Cheers!
Stigall
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Denver, CO (USA)

Post by Stigall »

Some more details for you all! I have laid out a tentative route for us to take through Downtown Denver. Remember, the city is our Muse and this is only a base plan. We can go anywhere you desire to sketch. I tried to plan a simple walk that would take us past some of the beautiful sites of the city...

- We'll meet in front of the Colorado State Capitol on Lincoln between 14th and Colfax at 10am (don't worry, there will be plenty of places to grab coffee along the way). This will start us in the Capitol Hill Neighborhood (Cap Hill).

- Federal Center Walk: this will take us through civic center park and past the City & County Building, The Denver Mint, and down a stretch of historic Colfax Avenue.

- A Stroll Down Speer: takes us along Speer Blvd on the edge of Downtown giving us nice views if the Colorado Convention Center, the Denver Performing Arts Complex, and Auraria Campus.

- Mall Crawl: we then head into Downtown and encounter all the interesting sights along the 16th Street Mall.

- LoDo Yo!: We'll venture into Historic LoDo (Lower Downtown) Denver, strolling past Coors Field - home of the Colorado Rockies!

- Train Stop: coming out of LoDo we'll visit Denver's Union Station.

- Bridge is Over: the last leg will take us over Millennium Bridge and into the Commons Park/Confluence Park are along the South Platte River.

Remember to bring your sketching supplies, wear comfortable clothes and shoes, even bring a bicycle along if you prefer!

Also, don't forget to get friends and family to sponsor your day of drawing to help raise money for Japan! I'll post more info about where those donations can be made once Enrico has it set.
Stigall
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Stigall »

Here is the official pledge form... so you don't have to dig much more. :clap:
Stigall
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Stigall »

Hi all!

The official Give2Asia SketchCrawl dedicated account has been setup! Please direct your friends and family here for donations...

http://www.give2asia.org/sketchcrawl

Cheers!

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”