Toronto -ON- CANADA

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Toronto -ON- CANADA

Post by Morrys »

Hey Torontonians!
We might be lucky enough to have a nice warm temperature outside for the 16th!!!
Any place you'd like to show to the world? I still didn't go to the Distillery and Cabbage town if that can be interesting.
Waiting for new crawlers!
Morena
cayleward
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Toronto -ON- CANADA

Post by cayleward »

Yes absolutely!

I dont know either of those places, but we can go!

Does either of those places have interesting buildings to draw??
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Yes, the Distillery District has been built out of old factory, has lots of charming corners and lots of design stores or even galleries.
http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/
Cabbage town is on Parliament and Gerrard towards Bloor, and It comprises "the largest continuous area of preserved Victorian housing in North America".
We might be able to only do one or the other, if weather is not so good the Distillery can allow to get warmer inside the various alleys.
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

wow, this just become a found raising event for Japan!
See: http://www.sketchcrawl.com/2011/04/ww-sketchcrawl-31/
Participate in number! :clap:
Lera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lera »

hey i'd so be in for this :) it looks awsome, but wear would we meet and the like? i'm kinda confused on this one
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Hey Lera!
I was thinking to meet at the Distillery district at about 10.30 am.
I'm going to pass privately my phone number to all these that say they're coming, so we can pop-out in the main plaza if we're inside the cafe' or the shops.
As this is a found for Japan, if you can, you can ask your friends or colleagues to sponsor you, and go on drawing all day, even if later you need to go somewhere else in the town. If you cannot, Just come for the time you have! It's always good to meet new people!
Lera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lera »

i do want to come but i have been informed that it is indeed close to the start of passover and as i am Jewish i hope i'll be able to come. i am planning to come so hopfully don't worrie. i will how ever be coming by subway so i don't know exactly how to get to the distillery district (and knowing my family they'll be freeking out about it blahhhh) also again since it's so close to passover i don't know if i'll be able to get any sponsers unfortunetly....but i will note that we have sent a donation threw our synagog...i will ask some friends if they want to come with as well if that's okay with you :)
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Hi Lera!
I am not sure what are the rules about the passover, but if you're going to be able to come you can tell me all about!
To get to the Distillery you can get a Streetcar on King St. going West, and stop at King Street East at Trinity Street. Distillery are a couple of block south on Trinity.
It's great that you're already donate through your synagogue! I think that the main idea for this sketchcrawl is to give a extra reason to who didn't donate already.
So, if you can come and you're bringing friends with you it's going to be fun! See you there, I'm going to send my phone number privately on Thursday or Friday to make sure I reach also new possible entries!
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Here some more info about how to get to the Distillery (Trinity st. at Mill St.)
http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/visit.php
Lera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lera »

well i'll be there for sure if i don't get ropped int helping for passover which is always a huge possablitly (of course with the women in my family it's also an enevitablity because dureing passover dirt is highly evil to us lol. but i don't mind telling people about it really. it's fun to tell a new person about :) i look forward to hopefulling meeting you
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

With Me are coming other 4 people so far, and 10 maybe :wink:
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Hi Everybody!
As I just reached 160$, I decided to give a bonus to all the people that sponsored me (I got sponsors from US, Canada and Australia)
They will receive one original Sketch of their choice (on the basis first arrived first served) made during the day of Saturday 16th, free of postal fees, as sign of my appreciation towards their support!

If anybody else would like to take this idea for their sponsors, go ahead! :thumbup:

Morena
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Hi Everybody
As tomorrow might rain (of course we cannot tell until tomorrow) We might go, after the distillery, to the Allen Gardens, confined between Carlton, Sherbourne, Gerrard and Jarvis streets.
http://www.torontobotanicalgarden.ca/to ... ardens.htm
it's free entrance and all indoor!

Morena

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”