Tucson AZ USA

Saturday October 25th 2008
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Tucson AZ USA

Post by donnam »

It's time to open up discussion as to the location for the 20th sketchcrawl. The weather should be stellar, so suggestions should be for an outdoor location. Pls list any ideas that you might have. Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone then.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Tucson AZ USA

Post by donnam »

Mary and I discussed locations and we think that Agua Caliente Park would be a nice place for the day. Landscape sketchers would be in heaven, and there should be enough people with dogs around for those of us who like to sketch people and animals, not to mention ducks, birds etc. Your car would be closeby and it is free and open to the public. If you have never been there, here is a link to take a look. This is only a suggestion, I would like others.

http://www.co.pima.az.us/nrpr/places/agua_pk/index.htm
Norma Galindo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Norma Galindo »

Agua Caliente Park is a great idea or we could carpool to Tubac and the University has quite a bit to offer...lots of students, buildings, flora. Opps, I forgot about football. The University would not be a good idea if they've got a home game that weekend. It's been so long since I've been out with you all, I'm really looking forward to it.
Norma
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hi Tucson sketchcrawlers! Just thought I'd say HI! from Portland. I've been having a heck of a time getting a group up here together, but I think we'll actually have a couple of folks meeting to sketch on that day.
happy sketching!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Wow, Norma is alive and well--yay! Looking forward to seeing you too and good suggestions.

Keep them coming people!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

The location for the 20th Sketchcrawl will be U of A. (Thanks to Norma for such a good suggestion). If you have never been on campus, there is much to draw--from wonderful architecture, people, landscapes--it has it all.

We will meet at the Starbucks Coffee Shop at 802 E. University Blvd (at Euclid) at 9:30AM. We will have lunch at around 12:30 and meet back to check out each other's sketchbooks at 4:00 PM AT Chipotle 905 E. University.

That's it for now. Looking forward to it.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Sharpen your pencils, the 25th is coming!
suebec
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by suebec »

Is the sketchcrawl still on for Oct. 25th at the U of A?? I understand there is an alumni gathering there & wonder if the parking will be a problem. Thanks, suebec
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Hi Sue, yes the sketchcrawl is still on for the U of A. I didn't realize that there was a game there, but I don't want to change locations at this late date in case everyone does not look at the message board again. We should NOT have a parking dilemma at 9:30 in the morning--meters do not have to be plugged on Saturdays and there is also a parking lot on Euclid. We could possibly leave the area around 12:00 if people want to, we will start there in the morning, meeting at 9:30 at Starbucks. Look forward to meeting you and anyone else that might be new to the "crawl".
Norma Galindo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Norma Galindo »

Parking on the west side of campus should be OK. The game is at 7:00. I don't know when the tailgating starts. The parking lot over by the hotel should be available. If you want to park on the east side of campus and walk across, park in the Water Resources parking lot. It is just south of new shopping center on the corner of 6th and Campbell. It's an open lot with no meters. You can call me at 324-0320 or 429-5055 if you need additional instructions.
Norma
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Thanks for all of that good info Norma. Looking forward to seeing you.

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”