Portland, OR

Saturday October 25th 2008
kunstrxns
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Portland, OR

Post by kunstrxns »

Hi,

I am in the Portland area and wonder if anyone would like to join in with me for the SketchCrawl.
kunstrxns
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Portland, OR

Post by kunstrxns »

Sorry, I just realized that I will be flying back from Hawaii on the 25th, sorry I just forgot. I hope someone else can organize one in my area
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

I'm anxious to get a sketchcrawl group together here in Portland. If you're interested, start throwing out ideas of places to sketch. I'm new to town, so I'm open to anywhere.

Let's say we meet about 9:30 or 10 at a cafe and then stroll around from there. I'd like to do a sketchcrawl where we basically stay together or at least in the general area and meet up for lunch to share and then sketch some more if it is interesting to you. Then we meet again at the end of the day about 3 or 4 and share our sketches before we go home.

Does this sound good to any of you?!!!!
mglenn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mglenn »

Alanna - I would be interested. The weather will probably be wet and windy so we should look at sketching inside. I am fond of coffee shops and would love to coffee shop hop around the city. We could also look at the Multnomah Library, Portland Art Museum, or other landmarks. I would love to hear from others.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hi mglenn,
I've been scheming with some folks outside of this forum. Here's what we decided to do. We'll meet about 9:30 or 10 at a cafe near PSU. We can sketch on the Park Blocks with the farmer's market going on there should be quite a bit of action. If it rains, we can go to the Portland Art Museum and possibly the Oregon Historical society.

First meeting place to be determined and posted at a later date.
Hope we can get a large group! It always makes things more fun to have a bigger group.
Cheers!
a
hoffman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hoffman »

Moved up hear earlier in the summer from the Bay Area. Looking forward to going on my first crawl in Portland.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hi Hoffman,
Plan on meeting somewhere near PSU on October 25, probably around 9;30 or 10. We'll have an exact location soon (or shortly before the date!) Glad you'll be joining us!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hi Portland Sketchcrawlers! I was scoping out the area and think we should plan to meet at the Starbucks on SW Park at Clay Street. It's just south of the Portland Art Museum and north of PSU. I think 10 am at the latest. I'll confirm closer to the date.

Also, I can give my cell phone number to those that want it to make sure we meet up at the designated place/time.

thanks!!! :D
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

10 Am- meet at the Starbucks on SW Park near the NE corner of SW Clay.

We can sketch as a group or disperse and sketch at the Farmer's market (if weather cooperates) or around at the various museums, cafes and restaurants...etc.

1pm- Meet for lunch at a designated spot (decided upon by the group before setting out) and share sketches

sketch some more if desired

4pm- meet again and share

269 267 6948 is my cell phone number in case anyone wants to jot down the number for the day of the sketchcrawl to meet up with us.

Happy Sketching!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hey Portlanders!!!
I look forward to seeing you this Saturday. Meet 10 am at the Starbucks on SW Park at Clay. Call if you have any trouble finding me! 269 267 6948. I hope we get at least a handful of folks to come out and sketch!
eric.dencer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by eric.dencer »

Hey all, Hoping to be able to make it tomorrow, this sounds like a lot of fun - My life drawing instructure at the local community college recommended this, but I would love to see this happen in Portland on a more regular basis - I am getting excited about this. See you all in the morning.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

I am really excited that artists/students from PCC will be coming along on the crawl tomorrow! Thanks also to Around the Sun blog for posting this free event! I hope it will be a good day of sketchcrawling!
10 am Starbucks on SW Park (at Clay)
I'll have some sort of sign and a sketchbook.
take my cell phone number too so you can find us if you get there late (we'll stick around starbucks for a half an hour probably.)
See you tomorrow!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

alright, portlanders, I'm heading out soon. Give me a call on my cell phone if you want to join up and you can't find us after 10:30!
see ya soon. :D
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

don't forget to post your results under the topic Portland, OR Results!

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”