Paris Crawl

Saturday July 1st 2006!

Paris Crawl

Post by Guest »

Hi
Are there any artists based in Paris doing the sketch crawl?

Tom

Post by Guest »

Hi
The post above was by me. My email address is soilsiu@yahoo.com

If anyone wants to get together let me know.

Tom

From wetcanvas.com fellow

Post by Guest »

Unfortunatelly in hollidays at this time ;)
but like the idea a lot.

Hope you can find someone...

Post by Guest »

I've posted this notice in various places among various french arts groups and so far nothing. Next year perhaps.
arty
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by arty »

Well I'm going to do it anyway.

If anyone wants to meet up I will be at Bastile at 10am on the 1st July.

First stop, Cafe de L'industrie, 16 rue st Sabin Paris, 75011. Great, interesting looking people go there and there is an artists outdoor market at Bastile this weekend as well around the corner from the cafe.

Tom
arty
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by arty »

Saturday was bright and brilliant in Paris. Perfect for the sketch crawl which had an all women crew if you don't count me. I met them at a Soirree in Paris Wednesday evening last. All artists in one way or another. No Bellydancers.

We started off in Cafe de L'industry. One of my favourite in Bastile. After drawing all of the regulars consuming their coffee we moved onto Place de l'Bastile where there is an artists sale of work every saturday. We drew the people there. Mine were ruined due to smudging in my bag so there are no scans here.

When we got tired of drawing we took a break to look at the stalls and the work of the artists. Then we moved on to the Marias and Place des Vosges where there is a Park. One of the ladies has an atelier in the Marias and we visited that to see her paintings. Very impressive oils, mostly of animals.

Then onto the park where we drew the parisians enjoying the sun. The drawing of the fountain is in the park. It really was very beautiful there. We stayed for a couple of hours and then I had to go to meet Amelie but the day was brilliant and we are going to meet up again to do it each Saturday so the group should grow. It's not the same as life drawing but there is a lot to be said for it.

Image[/img]
Last edited by arty on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cynthea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Cynthea »

I like your studies of people...looks like a fun day. We had a perfect sunny day in New York too.
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

arty
Nice sketches.
nice SC group!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Katherine T
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Katherine T »

Very nice sketches of people - what a pity about your other drawings
billfulton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by billfulton »

Wow, great sketches. I like your portraits...very lifelike. The fountain is my favorite -- the lines are so cool and confident.

Return to “10th World Wide SketchCrawl”