Saturday Jan 29, 2022

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Vienna, Austria [RESULTS]

Post by m9fred »

No coffee mugs today but a wooden motorcycle, a bat in a bookshelf, an orchid burned in wood, and ...
- Thank you for sharing your sketches!

Gabi

Gabi sketched one of her orchids and a slice of citron.
Nothing spectacular so far, but afterwards she used the same motifs for pokerwork (or pyrography artwork).
Rather unusual tools for sketching! Great outcome!

John

Finally John accepted the challenge to draw a model of a motorcycle made from wood and he did it remarkably well.

Manfred

My backyard is part of the territory of pair of hooded crows for years. Sometimes I put some pieces of dog biscuit or a few peanuts on the window sill for them. Usually they sit on top a of wall between two yards checking the vincinity before fetching the treats.
But today they acted very shy and I had no opportunity to sketch them sitting comfortable at my window.
Later on I sketched my old bat (made from leather) which is clinging onto a bookend.

Gertrude

In the morning my mother watched a picturesque event in her garden - a bird pecking on a fat ball and a hedgehog gathering some grains underneath the tree.

Arco Iris

Arco Iris achieved it to sketch while beeing at the hairdresser's.

Hint: She drew the snowman on the desk with a nose because he was looking so sad without one.

Her dog Skaja waiting.
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Re: Vienna, Austria [RESULTS]

Post by markfletcher »

Hallo Wiener Sketchcrawler!
Ich habe Ihre Kunst in meinen Zeichen- und Malkursen gezeigt ... sie waren beeindruckt! :thumbup:
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hey Gabi,
I was sketching orchids last week! and eating citrus everyday. It is "in Season" here. Local oranges and lemons are on the trees.

Your burnt wood drawing is remarkable.

And John', your motorcycle is amazing. You even depicted wood texture/ wood "grain" and reflections.

Arco Iris, the story about the nose augments your sketch. Nice to see real life drawing plus imaginaion! Can you trade a sketch for a haircut in Wien?

M9fred...we love the bat and crows. We sooo enjoy your description and hints about the drawings and your beautiful neighborhood.

Getrude, thank you for recording the event of a bird feeding a hedgehog. Is the hedgehog real? I thought they exist only in Märchen!
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher
CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by CrowTalk »

Wonderful pictures and I'm especially impressed with the pyrography results! :thumbup: Of course, I love seeing a sketch and a photograph of a hooded crow. I enjoyed sketches of wildlife in the garden, too.
The most enjoyable thing about the Vienna results is that your audience can get a glimpse of your individual personalities--what you like, what you choose to draw. This has been one good benefit of sketchcrawls in the time of Corona. Regards, Mary

Return to “74th World Wide SketchCrawl - Jan 29 2022”