Saturday Jan 29, 2022

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Wichita, KANSAS and elsewhere [RESULTS]

Post by CrowTalk »

Five people participated in the virtual Wichita Sketchcrawl--two Wichitans, one former Wichitan, and two honorary Wichitans.
Pictures posted below in order received.

Curt sketched the bare winter trees across from his home in Galena, Ohio

Penny joined us from her small town in Somerset, England, where she sketched from her kitchen window

It was a spring-like day in Wichita, so Anita was able to walk to the river and make a sketch of the Bitting Bridge
Mary sketched from home in Wichita, making pictures of her Wichita neighborhood from the porch in the afternoon and from a window in the morning.

Alice painted from her home in Vista, California

Lionel supervised Mary's morning sketching

Thanks once again to Sketchcrawl for giving us motivation to make some pictures. Here's hoping we will all be able to sketch safely in person again soon.

Hello sketchers,

While we wait for the Omicron wave to pass, let's sketch safely from home on Saturday, January 29. How about making a picture of the view from a window in your home? Or if we get a warm day, how about sketching in your own garden or on your own porch? You can post your results here or you can email me your results, and I'll post them for you. Hope you can particpate. Mary (aka "CrowTalk" with the view from a window in my home below)

*****If you're new to SketchCrawl, please go ahead and create a profile for the website. Then you can add your own post or send me a message for help adding your sketch.******************** :thumbup:
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Re: Wichita, KANSAS and elsewhere [RESULTS]

Post by markfletcher »

Thank you for your encouraging thoughts, Mary!

I showed your art to my drawing and painting classes We were entertained and impressed by your sketches from friends around the world:thumbup:
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

I like the diversity in the sketches and the usage of different media. :thumbup:
Each one has it's own charm and is quite fascinating.
Drawing at home is challenging - finding an overlooked item or a view in one's everyday surroundings which is worth to be shown to the world.
Thank you for collecting photos and drawings from friends scattered throughout the country and different continents.

Manfred
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Well said, M9fred!
Especially the part about finding something great in the often-overlooked or familiar.
Mark
PS we have Japanese Maples that shape...some retain their leaves even throught the r=freeze, others are bare like that. It's very nice in its simplicity.
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher

Return to “74th World Wide SketchCrawl - Jan 29 2022”