Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Suecrose
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Seoul, Korea [Results]

Post by Suecrose »

Hello Everyone! hi from Seoul, Korea

it was my first world-wide sketchcrawl.
It's exciting to see so many artist simultaneously-passionately sketching.

For this one I might have to explain a little bit. This isn't surrealism, it's actual scenary if you are nearsighted(badly) and observe the square with bare eyes for a long time. I was wearing sunglasses without prescription, and the people moving around the square wearing colorful outers seemed like flows of bright colors. the flowing dots coming up and down at the upper middle is people on the escalators, and the black hole-ish color absorbing flowing dots are the people constantly coming in/out of the department store. you can also find a few people waiting for someone(dots without trails). It's supposed to be fun just for myself, didn't really thought it's appropriate for the USk blog. But then I read the code of conduct again, seems like it doesn't really violate the rule-capturing what I saw, drew on location, record of the time and place. Thank you ^^
HJ Kim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by HJ Kim »

Hello sketchers, how do you do.

the 31st SketchCrawl at Chungryangri, Seoul was great. nice to meet such talented artists. it was my first time to join international sketchcrawl event, and i loved it.

trains awaiting departure

huge escalator by the square

railway at the platform of Chungryang ri station

Apartments across the busy street in front of the station

See you next time!
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by bh yoo »

Thank you all the participants and kind comments! :clap:
It's real nice to meet new courageous sketchers with fresh eyes full of inspiration.
Love all the works in SketchCrawl.com!
See you soon! :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

thanks, for looking at our drawings again, bh yoo! Actually the upside-down bowl is the courthouse dome; a lot of political unrest in our town,the Florida State Capital , with many protests and demonstrations because workers rights are being taken away.
I like Suecrose's bare-eyed drawing; I take off my eye-glasses to check the value of light and dark, but my eyes are not as good as hers I think!
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”