Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Saturday January 27th, 2018

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

RebeccaArtist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Post by RebeccaArtist »

Gold Coast artists will be meeting up in front of Betty's Burger's at The Kitchens in Robina Town Centre at 1:30pm on Sat., Jan. 27th. Bring something portable to draw with and paper / your sketchbook. If the weather is nice and people feel like walking we may venture elsewhere on foot...otherwise, we'll just enjoy some air-conditioned indoor sketching! Feel free to invite friends. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to draw.

RebeccaArtist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Post by RebeccaArtist »

Four fearless sketchers met up in front of Betty's Burgers at Robina Town Centre. Betty's Burger's is a 1950s-style restaurant in a modern, upmarket food court.

There was a lot of foot traffic, making it excellent for attempting quick sketches of shoppers, families, and friends visiting or passing by the restaurants, two grocery stores, and fruit market.

After a while we went upstairs where we were gifted with nearly aerial views of the fruit and veggie market and nearby flower stall.

Upstairs was much calmer although still the home of various restaurants, including a coffee shop that provided the fearless sketchers with restorative coffees, sandwiches, and frittatas.

There was also, to our surprise, a swimming pool (nobody sketched it, sorry). But there was a community piano that seemed to be in constant use while we were there!

Our last stop was Riot, a nearby arts and crafts store. No sketching took place there but we all had fun discussing and comparing art supplies and some of us went home with goodies for future art projects.

Participants are posting their artwork onto the Gold Coast SketchCrawl Facebook page, so for more sketches, please visit there!
Nette_54
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nette_54 »

I realised when posting my two sketches on our groups facebook page I had missed all the sketchcrawls in 2016 ! I am so out of practice and I didn't do a lot of sketching as I was too busy catching up with everyone. I had also forgot how people keep moving when they are being sketched..... why can't they sit perfectly still while they drink their coffee and chat ! It was certainly a fun day and I must not miss too many this year and hopefully none !

Nette_54
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nette_54 »

My Second drawing was done upstairs at the Crafted Coffee Cafe, at least pot plants don't move like people do :)

Return to “58th World Wide SketchCrawl - Jan 27 2018”