Washington, DC [RESULTS]

Saturday October 18th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

jwinstead
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Washington, DC [RESULTS]

Post by jwinstead »

The D.C. group, due to conflicting schedules, met on both Saturday and Sunday, since no one time worked for everyone. There was apparently a good turnout on both days. I joined the group on Sunday afternoon, since I was one of the people with a conflict on Saturday.

We met at Eastern Market - a public market in a 19th century brick building in the Capitol Hill area. The market is open every day of the week, but on weekends the street is closed to traffic and there are vendor stalls in the street as well as a flea market. The main building was gutted by fire in 2007, but rebuilt and reopened in 2009, and is a bustling place.

The entrance to the market:

A vendor reading a book while waiting for visitors to her stall:

A nearby alleyway, with rowhouses typical of the Capitol Hill neighborhood:
Susan T
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Washington, DC [RESULTS]

Post by Susan T »

Lovely variety of subject matter and I enjoy the limited color palette! Gald you had a good turnout. :clap: :clap: :clap:
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Washington, DC [RESULTS]

Post by kumi matsukawa »

I love especially the third one, and the person reading a book is really well captured :thumbup: we sketched at the same place at the same time this summer ( in Brazil) , now we do same thing at same time ( in different time zone) at different place :lol:

Return to “45th World Wide SketchCrawl”