Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Toronto, ON, CANADA

Post by Morrys »

Hey Toronto!
Where would you like to go this time?
A friend of mine has a list of places where is good to take photos, perhaps even good for sketching.
http://alexandpatty.com/blog/2008/05/15 ... locations/
Let me know if you have any preference!

Morena
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Toronto, ON, CANADA

Post by CyberDave »

Morrys...

I know my vote doesn't count, but being a transplant from Toronto I have some fav's :think:
:arrow: Hart House my old stomping grounds in the early 70's - cool place - inside and out.
:arrow: James Gardens - great place if the spring flowers are out.
:arrow: Centennial Park Conservatory - excellent sketching location - also check out Go Kart track nearby (Mini Indy) and I believe there used to be a Model Plane Flying group nearby.
:arrow: Fantasy Fair/Woodbine Centre - I remember this being built... I see the Train is still there and the Carousel. They have added a lot since I was out that way. Good chance to sketch kids and families too. Indoors is a plus in case of weather. There is also the Woodbine shopping centre.

Cheers
Dave
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Hey Dave thanks for the hints!

I'd like to make a video this time about Sketchcrawl Toronto. I need volounteers to do direction, video, editing, soundtrack and whatnot.
We should talk about what's cool to sketch in toronto, the artistic culture and what's fun about meeting up and doing shetchrawl (you'll be able to tell it towards the end of your sketching participation if you never come out to this event)
So, WHO's in? :thumbup:

Ps. Saint Lawrence Market won BEST market int he world this month, maybe we can start over there?
Morena
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Ok, so here a choice of the location suggested.
I want to keep it as much downtown as possible to facilitate everybody with the TTC or close to Union station and GO train:
i think this area is charmful and quiet with some old building that are hard to find nowdays in Toronto.
Apparently on Saturday morning it open as well the north side with Farmers market goods, so I guess double view!
it has very colorful houses and goods for every pocket and taste :-)

Please, if there is another location you really think would be worth to go, just name it.
I suggest to bring a stool if you plan to stay few hours. (you can find tripod kind at Dollarama in the gardening session for 2$)

Let me know!
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

HI there
Here the updates.
I made a Facebook Event in order to facilitate communication and word spreading ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/events/305326179539424/

Jeremy will take care of most of the filming part. Dan and another guy of the soundtrack. Kym will bring his camera as usual. Let us know if anybody else is interested in helping for extra filming material, and if you have questions about what to bring for sketching. We're thinking to have a safe location for rain and one for better weather. Jeremy, Anna and I would like Kensington Market, corner of Kensington st. and St. Andrew st.. I suggest the st.Lawrence market on the ground level for rainy option (or still open for suggestions). Meeting is at 11, but you can go there later or before if you need. Make sure to get my phone number on Friday.
I love the Hart House but I'm thinking we should go for a more typical touristic location for the video purpose, as will be seen all over the world I'd like to give a rich slice of downtown Toronto.
Some other friend was also naming a park with goats downtown, but I don't remember what's called :-P
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Remind for Saturday Sketchcrawl:
Thanks for participating!
You can bring any tool you'd like for your sketches. In the past I saw people with pen and pencils, makers, crayons, ink pen, i-pad, pc tablets, i-phones, watercolors, charcol and even acrilic or oil paint!
If you like photography of video cording, please do, I want Sketchcrawl Toronto to be as open as possible to people to choose the tool they like the most to portrait what they see around and create their personal jurnal of the day.
I reccomand to bring a stool (dollarama one can do) or an hard surface where to stand your paper, like a wood tablet or an hard cover book.

I'll get there at 11 am, but I advise you to go and visit the FORUM before leaving your home to check what people did already around the world, as in Oceania, Asia and Europe will be evening/night already (there will be new topics called "TOWN NAME [RESULTS]").
You'll find them here (where people is setting up appointments right now)
viewforum.php?f=61

I'll prepare a Toronto [Results] page so you guys can post once you get home, if you get home before I do.

If you want to get there before/late/stay 30 minutes/stay all day, it's all good.
Just make sure to reach me and Jeremy, as he'll film and ask questions to the participants.

So meeting point is 11 am Kensington Market, corner of Kensington st. and St. Andrew st.
it might rain just a bit so it should be fine over there. We won;t stay at that corner all day, so please contact me or look around. We will be in the round of one or 2 streets.
my phone number is ### (i'll cancel it from this post on sunday).

We're going to the Sait Lawrence Market ONLY if it rains a lot and for long time.

So I hope that is everything, if you have other questions, you still have a day to ask!

See you there then!

Morena

Return to “35th World Wide SketchCrawl”