Saturday April 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sacramento, CA & Surrounding Areas

Post by hanksan »

Hello...

It's high time that we round up the Sketchy folks in the greater Sacto area. From Woodland to Placerville, we live in a beautiful place with amazing artists. Let's see what wonders can be made!

Let's start thinking about places to sketch! I know that Davis has held crawls, but it would be great to combine forces...

My first thoughts are...
-Capital Mall Crawl
-Old Sac
-Davis Arboretum & Greenbelt
-Woodland Downtown and Historic Neighborhood Walk
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Sacramento, CA & Surrounding Areas

Post by hanksan »

Just got a recommendation for a Davis crawl with a visit to Zia's Deli! Maybe start with breakfast somewhere downtown, swing through the arboretum and then back through town toward Zia's for lunch.

::EDIT:: Forgot to mention....it's Picnic Day in Davis! That might be interesting to visit!
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Hi Sac Area Crawlers! I know many of you are just perusing the site, but Sketchcrawl is about the community. Some of you have expressed going to the crawl, but not signing up to this forum. That's okay, but you'll miss the importance of sharing your work with the community.
One other note, just because I started this thread doesn't mean that I call the shots. We're a group deciding on the best location for that day. Since my life will soon be re-configured, my preference is to stay in the Davis/woodland area.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

Hi Hanksan, I will hopefully join the crawl in the afternoon (if it's in Davis), as i'm doing picnic day stuff with the family in the morning. Have you decided upon a route, and will the end point be at Zia's?
Cheers, Pete
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Wow, just saw your post Pete. Hope we could still meetup. Something came up this morning and will be heading to the Weiner dog Races @1:00. There was no schedule established. We are just cruising around for Picnic Day. My personal email is henry@sitesantos.com. If you email me, I can give you my phone number.

Return to “35th World Wide SketchCrawl”