January 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Bangkok -- THAILAND-- [Results]

Post by eyes »

Hi there,

This is a thread for posting the results from Bangkok Sketchers. Please check this thread later.

Happy Sketching.

Ai
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Bangkok -- THAILAND-- [Results]

Post by eyes »

What a nice day today, a combo of #34 SketchCrawl and my birthday !!! I got Iris, my 6 yr old daughter, and my DH, Tone to go out sketching with me at a local goat farm, in Thungkru district, Bangkok. Tone had never sketched before but after Iris and I finished with our sketching, Tone showed me one sketch in his journal book showing Iris and I sitting and sketching together. That is very nice and we all have a great time learning about the goats. Though Iris finds the goats are quite smelly.

Here are some real scenes:

Hear are the sketches. The last two done by Tone, and Iris.

Thanks so much for looking and please check back as there should be more sketches uploaded from other Bangkok sketchers. :wave: [/b]
Swasky
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Swasky »

Congrats! I do love blue goats and fence. On the contrary Here in Barcelona are going to draw people and buildings.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Lovely lovely photos and those goats have so much character !!!
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Beautiful goats!!!
anneF38
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by anneF38 »

lovely blue goat sketches ! and very nice day for you all ! :clap:
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

what a wonderful sketches, i especially love the goat with thick and bold brush work, you must show us more of this style. in fact all of them look wonderful and i think tony would make a great sketcher too..
what a co-incident, today is supa's birthday too and i've been sketching some of her birthday activity as a sketchcrawl as well, i'll post them up soon, just came back from our 2nd birthday parties for today, lunch with family and dinner with friends.. and i'm so full now...
see all soon, perhaps later tonight:-)
asnee
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

sketchcrawl #34 happened to be my wife's birthday as well, so i decided to combine sketches for sketchcrawl with a birthday sketch present too. it's a folded piece of paper that folds into a small book that would house some 30 pages of sketches.

we start the day with a religious prayer for new year and birthday by inviting monks to our home and make some merit offering. this is in fact very commonly practice for buddhist especially in thailand.
then we went for a family lunch that ended with some cakes and coffee at startbucks just across the road.

after some short rest, we were pick up by a friend for dinner where again, we ended our meal with a big great piece of chocolate birthday cake provided by the restuarant.

we had a good day but soon realised i managed with just this few sketches and still a long way to go to complete the sketchbook birthday present for my wife... well, more time were spent on food and cakes than on sketching....

will continue beyond this sketchcrawl, and would make sure to eat less....

hope you enjoy my crawl today: cheers all.
Tatie
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Tatie »

Congrats to everybody! i love the goats and the accordeon album! :thumbup:
qsima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by qsima »

The goats sketching are all nice :thumbup: , especially the one who wonders what Ai & Iris were doing!
Also the chocolate cake looks so inviting but what I like most is the van picking up the monk could not contain the whole Ta-la-patr (the monk's fan) :D !!

This time sketch Crawl 34th I haven't had time to sketch anything much :mrgreen: except 1 sketch of the front of the restaurant we went to have lunch on Ramkhamhaeng road. The place names "Satanee Chiangmai" or Chiangmai Station. They serve Northern style Thai food. It's my first time eating here, the foods are all good and it's nice sitting by the SanSaep canal. Here it is:

Sorry there's only one sketch. Will try to do better next crawl, until then, bye all! :wave:

Qsima
miriam
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by miriam »

Very nice Sketches from Bangkok, I really enjoyed looking at them. :clap:
And of course, Happy birthday!
Maureen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Maureen »

Lovely sketches of Bankok. I like goats, Iris is right - goats are smelly!
JuPli
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by JuPli »

wonderful sketches!

and happy birthday!

juliette plisson
martine kervagoret
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by martine kervagoret »

very nice sketches
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Thank you all for kind words:

P'Asnee -- Thanks ka. I did have a chinese brush pen with me. I'll try more of this pen. P'Supa's birthday cake looks so yummy and I think your sketches of the monk merit ceremony and the birthday dinner will be a super special gift for her birthday. I'm looking forward to see all the page in the accordion sketchbook.

P'Wan -- Thanks ka. The restaurant does look so Chiang Mai and your sketch of it is so lovely ka.

Return to “34th World Wide SketchCrawl”