Sydney, Australia

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Sydney, Australia

Post by alissa »

Where shall we go this time Sydney??

The Opera House and Circular Quay certainly provide lots of opportunities .
Mickey C
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Sydney, Australia

Post by Mickey C »

I think either of those is a good option, the Opera House being the easiest meet.

Has Sydney had a sketchcrawl group before ? Where are all the Sydney sketchers ? :shock:
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Mickey , Sydney has been Sketchcrawling for a few years . I have been going to them since 2008.

Are you in Sydney ?If so, there is a Sydney Sketch Club that meets regularly to sketch around Sydney. Our next one is this Saturday afternoon at the Royal Botanic Garden .

The Opera House would be a good place to start the next Sketchcrawl!
Mickey C
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mickey C »

That's good to hear, I saw the Sketch Crawl thing a while back but didn't end up getting involved unfortunately.

I am in Sydney and have been to some sketch meets in the past, the ones organised via the conceptart.org forums. In fact there's also one this Saturday, but at Luna Park. Coincidence ? Or the same group ?

It'd be good to meet more local sketchers, been meaning to get back to it.
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Won't most of the usual sketchcrawlers be sketching at the Royal Botanic Gardens this time??
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Any idea where to do the Sketchcrawl?

Will be good to see everybody again! yay!
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

A lot of the sketchcrawlers will be at the Royal Botanic Garden in the city from 1pm to 3pm as part of Sketchabout.http://www.autumnofthearts.com.au/

We could either meet in the morning (at the Opera House) and then continue onto Sketchabout in the Gardens in the afternoon. Or alternatively, start the sketchcrawl at 1pm withthis event.

I will be sketching my day from when I start the day, so I would go for the start in the morning
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Oh... We have to pay something to do the Sketchcrawl? O_o'

Is there going to be any focus on the International SketchCrawl? I mean for the Japan fund raising campain?
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

HI David - no payment at all for the Sketchcrawl or the Sketchabout - it's all free
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Oh cool. Im quite sick, so my brain is playing games with me.
borromini
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by borromini »

Hi Everyone,
Ok... Here are our plans for the sketchcrawl...hope it suits everyone...

Official meet up time will be 11am at the Opera House (in the middle of the steps at the front). We can work our way, either individually or in small groups, from there around the water's edge up to have a quick lunch from say 12.15 at the café in the centre of the Botanic Gardens near the Lotus Pond. As sketchcrawl coincides with the last of the 6 weekends of the Autumn of the Arts Garden Sketchabout we will join the public sketchers at the Garden Shop at 1pm for another 2 hours with the group show n tell at 3pm.

More details about the Botanic Gardens Sketchabout - http://gardensketchabout.blogspot.com/

I will be starting my day with morning refreshments at 10am at Tara Tearoom located at 33 George Street in The Rocks - just behind the Irish Design Shop where the weekend markets are held - and anyone interested in seeing the wonderful tea cosies that I am addicted to drawing is welcome to join me for tea and scones...they also do coffee as well! More information is available at http://www.irishdesign.com.au/g/4145/tara-tea-room.html

If you can’t make it all day, do try to make it for the afternoon skechabout in the gardens. This has been a really wonderful sketching event over the past month...and we want to finish off in style!
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

I will be teaching in the morning but will bring as many students as I can to join the sketchcrawl in the afternoon.
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

I'll be at 10am at Tara Tearoom, and stay 'till the afternoon. See u there :D
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

I have my tools ready.

So excited!!!!
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

great stuff David!

A few updates

Re: 11am meeting time (thanks to Jennifer from Sydney Sketch Club for update)
Apparently forecast for tomorrow is 90% chance of 7-15mm of rain (although not sure what time they are expecting such rain!!).
...So if it is ACTUALLY raining at 11am when we are wishing to meet ON the front steps then please walk around either side of the steps to UNDERNEATH the opera house and I shall meet everyone near the STAGE DOOR/entrance up to box office - and we might find someone in management to request permission to go ino the great foyer [closed outside performance times except to tours] for a different perspective of the 'sails' ?
Of course if the weather is perfectly find meetup stays at the large front steps

And from Kerry from the gardens
Hi everyone, please join us tomorrow for the last Great Garden Sketchabout from 1pm to 3pm followed by a celebratory picnic. We'll meet as usual at the Information Booth outside the Garden Shop. If it's raining we can head over to Lion Gate Lodge to shelter under the awning in the garden courtyard... or go to the nearby Maiden Pavilion. (There is also a fantastic photo exhibition in Lion Gate Lodge). Don't forget we want everyone to enter at least one sketch in the Sketchabout Competition. We want lots of different entries forThe Paginated Garden Exhibition. See you soon, Kerry.

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”