Sketch Crawl in San Francisco...

Sunday February 19th 2006
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

I like the idea of ending in Union Square, to a conveniently placed BART. But the walk from Golden Gate would be a heck of a walk, 4-5 miles through hills! I vote for Fisherman's Wharf myself.
agreencat
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agreencat »

The walk isn't that bad. All the hills are downhill. If it is a problem, we can always take a bus to a certain location. There are always interesting "things" to doodle on the bus/metro as well.

=D
Oliver wrote:I like the idea of ending in Union Square, to a conveniently placed BART. But the walk from Golden Gate would be a heck of a walk, 4-5 miles through hills! I vote for Fisherman's Wharf myself.
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

I agree, plus it's not like we'll be running a marathon. We'll be taking our time because we are drawing along the way. No matter what we end up doing, it should be a lot of fun!

-John
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

It's 4-5 miles as the crow flies. It'll be 6-8 miles on foot. That means a good portion (1/6-1/4) of our time spent walking, not sketching.

I vote that we go to the Fisherman's Wharf.
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Eddy wrote:It's 4-5 miles as the crow flies. It'll be 6-8 miles on foot. That means a good portion (1/6-1/4) of our time spent walking, not sketching.

I vote that we go to the Fisherman's Wharf.
Looking at google map, it actually might be a little less than 4 miles from the nearest end of Golden Gate Park and 6-7 miles from the furthest, assuming no major detours. I'd be perfectly cool with whatever is decided upon. :P
agreencat
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agreencat »

How about...

Maybe sometime after lunch we meet-up at Ghiradelli. We can sketch around there... walk around to the water that's near there... sketch there... walk around the Wharf, the Piers... sketch there... we can walk up to Chinatown/North Beach... sketch there... then towards Union Square... sketch some more... and then maybe end it there depending on how hungry everyone gets.

There will be only one steep hill up Broadway that we have to deal with. It isn't too bad.

How's that sound?

:?:
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

Sounds like fun! But, I can't make this one either - I'll be in sword camp.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

sword camp?? Man, and all I have is a birthday party to go to.
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll definately be there. I even cancelled bazooka camp so I could go. :D

Post by Guest »

Emma - It's this thing: www.knight2day.com

Steaphen Fick is the regular instructor. I'll be attending probably two of four days. If I can, I'm going to see about getting some gesture drawings done of the classes.
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

That was me. :P
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Sounds fun! Forecast for Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers, highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s. (taken from SFGate.com)
agreencat
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agreencat »

Hmm... if it rains... does anyone have an alternative plan?

The only thing I can think of is sketching indoors at one of the museums, or The California Academy of Sciences.
Oliver wrote:Sounds fun! Forecast for Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers, highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s. (taken from SFGate.com)

Post by Guest »

Aww...I work on Sunday and can't take the day off...I'll try to sketch on another day to compensate for it :)

a
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Yay! :P Forecast revised to partly cloudy.

Return to “8th World Wide SketchCrawl”