Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Saturday October 16 2010
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by eclecticbox »

Great day yesterday!

First of all, thanks to everybody who came to spend the day or just a few hours with the group. This time a great turnout (around 60 SketchCrawlers across the day) from all over Spain and Portugal!!! People from Madrid, Zaragoza, Pamplona and Lisboa came to make this SketchCrawl the biggest on participation so far in Barcelona. We got some media coverage from Barcelona's tv channel (Barcelona Tv) and also a professional photographer followed us pretty much all day!

The route and meeting times were set (many thanks to Lapin for the fantastic map and taking it's time to arrange pretty much everything, including reserving table at the restaurant!;) The weather was fantastic and we could ask for little more.
I spent most of the day chatting and meeting with many crawlers, new ones and veterans (I'm afraid I couldn't do it with everybody) as a result I didn't draw that much during the day (it wasn't until lunch time that I set myself ready to join the sketching frenzy that invaded all the tables while waiting for food) At the end I could portrai 11 SketchCrawlers.

I'm really looking forward to see everybody's results, either here on the forum or on our blog http://barcelonasketchcrawl.blogspot.com. Thanks again for a wonderful day!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by 4ojos »

Eclecticbox, los retratos son buenos. Reconozco a algún personaje pero... ¡Qué tristes les sacas!
shawn
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by shawn »

Very cool artwork! I wish people liked art that much around where I live to have a TV crew follow you. Were you using a brush pen to do those drawings? I like the style :)
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

A great turn up yesterday and it was nice and sunny all day long. A big thanks to Eclecticbox once again for coordinating the day ( and to Lapin for the super map with timetable included) :thumbup:

These first ones are from Passeig de Gracia, the starting point for the Crawl. I don't know the name of the building (it's on the corner of Carrer Casp with Passeig de Gracia-¿alguien lo sabe?). The other is a detail of one of the many lamps (dating from 1903)that decorate Passeig de Gracia, by Pere Falqués i Urpí.

Some people taking the weight off their feet, Passeig de Gracia.

The second sketch is of the building "La Uníon y el Fénix Español" 1927-1932 by Eusebi Bona i Puig, located on Passeig de Gracia. The first drawing is a view from Plaza de Catalunya, where I went while the main group went to the restaurant.

After a quick sketch of this girl,in Portal del Angel, it was time to meet up at La Boquería. No one else had turned up yet, and as the entrance to the market was hectic, I continued on sketching around Las Ramblas. This is the one area of the city where you'll find people drinking from enormous beer glasses!

The first sketch is of the building Casa Bruno Cuadros (also known as Casa dels Paraigües- House of the Umbrellas). Built in 1858, the present day facade was remodelled in 1883, by Josep Vilaseca Casanovas (who also designed Barcelona's Arco de Trionfo). The bottom floor of the building once housed an umbrella shop, hence all the oriental umbrella motifs outside. The second sketch is of a statue outside the 17Th century church, Igelsia de Betlém, Carrer del Carmen.
olkazavr
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by olkazavr »

Thank you for your stories, sketches and specially for the map. I enjoy to look at your sketchcrawls in Barcelona!
my blog
Sketchcrawl adventures: my blog-->sketchcrawl
Shaolin7
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Shaolin7 »

It is amazing to have so many sketchers show up for your crawl. 60, wow that's pretty incredible. The work posted so far is really nice too, the little details are great. Hopefully more of the participants will post up their results too.
nightengail
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nightengail »

Dave C, I really like your drawings! They have an unusual combination of a graphic quality and volume/dimension. Great touches of color as well.

It looks like everyone had a great time! Love all the drawings.
sagarfornies
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sagarfornies »

Amazing Sketches-day. Reconnect with everyone after a couple of months to share an unforgettable day. One Day with Eclecticbox, Swasky, Lapin, Clara, D. Coogan, Miguel Herranz, And so up to 60 fantastic artists. See you everyone the next time.
Passeig de Gracia, Boqueria Market, Plaça Reial & Ghotic streets and finally a dinner in Lapin Home. Thanks!! (And thankyou to google translator hehe)

4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by 4ojos »

muy buenos dibujos, Sagar. Me gustan especialmente los dos primeros
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Eclecticbox! Los retratos son muy chulos! Has clavado a Sagar y Lapin! Enhorabuena! Quizás se puede interpretar que están tristes... pero sabiendo lo seria y concentrada que se pone la gente mientras dibuja... es normal que salgan así! (bueno Miquel parece feliz!)
Sagar, estos últimos de la Plaza Real no los había visto! Me gustan mucho. Has capturado a la perfección el ambiente de este rincón de la cuidad.

un saludo!
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

Fantastic results as always Barcelona. Well done everyone :clap:
lapin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lapin »

wow! such a cool day we had, I can't wait for the next sketchcrawl!!!
cesar: well done, I haven't seen all of it… and for sure, we look "hecho polvo", but quite normal after such an intensive day… I love daniel's portrait, and my perfil ;)
dave: great to meet you one more time. I'm still amazed by your "zoom" vision.
sagar: la leche! I love the first one. I'm glad you and cesar did sketch my favourite plant: the elephant's ear kalanchoe!

hasta la proxima…

here my participation to the 29th sketchcrawl in barcelona:
"cases rocamora" on passeig de gracia.
"casa lleó morera" still on passeig de gracia.
sketchers at work!
eating in "la ginesta".
in the central market: "la boqueria".
duel portrait with mercè.
and still sketching at home at night… but at this time, I think that alcool change a few my perception ;)
Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Sophie Valenti »

Ustedes son artistas increíbles, Bravo a todos y felicitacions ! :clap:
SOphie
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Enjoyed your whole collection of sketches. Some awesome color washes, and people studies throughout.
murielle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by murielle »

Waouh, all of these drawings are fantastic !! Congratulations !

Return to “29th World Wide SketchCrawl”