New York, NY

Saturday October 16 2010
slavidzee
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

New York, NY

Post by slavidzee »

Thought I'd get this thread started. I propose a distinctly non-Met Museum sketchcrawl day. Highline Park/Chelsea are my brainstorm ideas so far.
surrealsorel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: New York, NY

Post by surrealsorel »

I'm up for that & maybe could get my illustration students to come to.
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sunilo »

I think I'll be around. It would be good if we can find an indoor location that offers easy access to a good outdoor spot (or vice versa).

Last fall we went to the Chelsea Market, and since the weather was nice we moved up to the Highline. I thought that worked out pretty well.
aaronfromqueens
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by aaronfromqueens »

Hi, I've only just found out about sketchcrawl and was curious to find out if there would be a NYC one soon. I really wish that this was not in Chelsea as I work here every day (literally across the street from Chelsea Market) but that's my own deal. I may try to meet up on Sunday, but I haven't seen any info regarding a time or place of meeting. Do you really just show up and look for people that are drawing? Because there's actually a drawing class that seems to use Chelsea Market as a frequent field trip location.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

I have to catch up on freelance so hopefully I'll do at least an hour of sketching in my neighborhood, but I don't think I'll be able to meet up with the NYC group this time. Have fun!

AaronfromQueens- Usually someone posts a meet up time and location on the forum so everyone knows where to meet. Most people draw in sketchbooks, so if you see people with larger pads they're more likely from another class. Just ask if they're there for the sketchcrawl! :)
yaoyaoyao
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by yaoyaoyao »

I just found out about the sketch crawl too! I hope there will be a meeting time & place posted soon since it is this Saturday.:)
slavidzee
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by slavidzee »

Hi everybody, I'm sorry, but it looks like I have an unavoidable work obligation that came up this Saturday. Can someone else take the lead on our group? I'd hate for NY to not be represented this go-round. As it stands, I think we're all pretty happy with Chelsea area/Highline park so far. Just need a meetup location and time.

Good luck y'all!
yaoyaoyao
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by yaoyaoyao »

I'd like to meet up around 11:oo am or noon. Would someone post a meeting point?
Feel free to message me on this forum or email me at yao_xiao_ny@yahoo.com
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sunilo »

Okay!

SketchCrawl October 16 @ 11 AM

We'll meet in front of the Chelsea Wine Vault in the Chelsea Market.

If it's too crowded or people aren't into the scene we can stick around for a little while and then move somewhere else.

http://chelseamarket.com/visitors/

Here's a pic of where we'll try to meet, in front of the wine vault:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tripletlads/3487740912/

Looking forward to it!

Return to “29th World Wide SketchCrawl”