SYDNEY, Australia

Saturday October 16 2010
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

SYDNEY, Australia

Post by alissa »

Ready for another sketchcrawl Sydney?
Put the date in your diary , spread the word and have a think about a great place to sketch !
Last edited by alissa on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colette
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: SYDNEY, Australia

Post by Colette »

Yes I'm interested. Keep me informed of where and when.

Thanks.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

The Botanic Gardens is always a wonderful place to draw - or back to Macquarie Street again......
the restored Paddington Reservoir in Oxford Street (next to Chauvel Cinemas) could be fun too.....

any other suggestions ?
Colette
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Colette »

Centennial Park if you have a car or a few cars to car pool. It has about 5 lakes, some statues, lotsa trees, geese, swans, ducks, trees changing over the seasons, and a lovely cafe area and toilets. Bronte beach for a sunrise.
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

This one I'm absolutely going to try to be there, or at least, to do it from anywhere in Sydney :S :S :S :crazy:
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Centennial Park sounds a good opportunity - and the duck pond appears to be a central and obvious place to meet . (and it is near the kiosk !) Load of public transport to get there too.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

OK - Centennial Park 10 am start at the duck pond, which is near a cafe
There is also lots of parkland, equestrian grounds , and lots of people to draw .....

Here is a link to the website for transport and maps etc http://www.centennialparklands.com.au/r ... lands_maps
Fingers crossed for good weather.
Dragonhaunt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dragonhaunt »

Sounds good, I'll aim to come along. Might see if some friends are interested too.
I paint pictures, draw comics and make silly things for the internet: http://ant2d.com
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

great - should be about 15 people altogether so far ! - fingers crossed for fine weather....

Collette provided some extra information for a good place to meet that is easy to find. Directions below

Meet at 10 am at Centennial Park Centennial Park -
Meet at the Kiosk behind the Café - there are some chairs to sit on with tables to wait for everyone to arrive.

It is near the Paddington Gates Entrance 480m down Parkes Drive. Only a few
minutes stroll. The bus up Oxford St Paddington will take anyone there. Then you enter the park through Paddington Gates and walk down Parkes Drive to the Café. You can't miss it.

Here it shows the cafe bordered in red
... It is Centennial Parklands Dining - next to the Information Center and Kiosk. it is all one large building actually.

see you all there - send me a offline message and I can give you my mobile in case you are running late on the day, or cant find us.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

I have just seen the weather forecast for the next week - cloudy, rain and patchy showers predicted all week, including Saturday

I am not sure how many people in Sydney are reading this, what are your thoughts -? change location - can I suggest the main concourse at Central Station - it is easy to get to and is inside and has great architecture and plenty to draw (as long as we stay out of the way of the people travelling) .

There are about a dozen other sketchers planning to attend the event, so the sooner I can tell the the better

Alissa
Dragonhaunt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dragonhaunt »

That's fine with me, what has the consensus been so far?
I paint pictures, draw comics and make silly things for the internet: http://ant2d.com
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Great

CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION at 10 am

Central is completely under cover and easy for everyone to get to .
Meet at No 1 platform for country trains (near the Country Link office) on the Central Concourse. There will be plenty to draw there and lots of space. Central Station was opened in 1906 and has a arched roof and interesting architecture to draw.We can stop at about 12.30 to eat and compare our mornings drawing adventures

here is the link to the CityRail website for further details on transport options [url http://www.cityrail.info/stations/stati ... A65.node01][/url]
and a map of the station - meet in the top left area of the map. http://www.cityrail.info/stations/maps/ ... ionMap.pdf

Should be great fun !!!
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Oops, I'm running late... I WAKE UP at 10.00 so I'll arrive there by 13.30, maybe still someone there... but anyway, I'll do my own sketches too O_o' :) :) :D
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

D'oh! I get there at 1.40pm... and wasn't anybody else... anyway I did one sketch inside the station... will post it soon :D
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: SYDNEY, Australia [Results]

Post by davidjack »

Anyway here it is... :S

Return to “29th World Wide SketchCrawl”