Sydney, Australia

Saturday July 31 2010
weckster
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sydney, Australia

Post by weckster »

Hello all!
Sydney? Starting at the Opera House or Hyde Park?
prairieboy543
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Sydney, Australia

Post by prairieboy543 »

Ahhhh I have a friend in Sydney who would love to meet a random person and draw all day long. I'll give her a shout - she's working at the Biennale all summer.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

I won't be able to make it unfortunately. I will miss being there as these are always great sketchdays.

I will let a few others know about your forum posting

Alissa
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Hi,
We did Macquarie Street two sketchcrawls ago, which is around Hyde Park. Last time was The Rocks and some people did the Opera House. We need a venue where we can have a backup position if the weather is bad. Something central is definitely good. More people come and the more the merrier.
Dragonhaunt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dragonhaunt »

I'll try to actually make it with plenty of time to actually find you guys this time.
I paint pictures, draw comics and make silly things for the internet: http://ant2d.com
Colette
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Colette »

This would be my first. I am interested in joining in. What do people sit on? Do you carry chairs or sketch standing? How long does it go on for? etc.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Hi Colette and everyone else who'd like to join us-
In the past Sydney sketchcrawls have worked like this:
A meeting place and time is agreed on here on the forum (somewhere for all weather , interesting variety of sights, coffee nearby and easy to access by public transport) .

On the day people turn up and usually recognise each other by having sketchbooks in hand. These range from little notebooks to A3 size, but feel free to bring whatever you use. A few people bring collapsible chairs. We usually decide the upon a nearby place and time to meet up for lunch. Then, depending on the size of the group (anywhere from 1 to 17 so far) we tend to set ourselves up within a distance of each other. Some people move around from place to place, whereas others stay in the one place the whole morning. It all depends on you .

You can stay for as long or short as you want or can.
We meet up again at lunch and usually compare our morning and sometimes take a group photo of our work and the group to post up here on the forum.
Some people stay sketching after lunch and others leave. I am usually fairly tired by about 2pm (exhausting work. all of this chatting and drawing !!
It's great fun and so inspirational to be around other people who enjoy sketching.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this Sketchcrawl,but it should be great fun . Hope this answers your queries. Alissa
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Hi everyone,
It's getting closer! Somebody suggester Hyde Park and why not?

Let's make it Hyde Park.
with a wet-weather plan of drawing in the Art Gallery of NSW. Lunch could be at the Sydney Hospital Cafe. We've been there before - the food is nice and you can get small things too. They're sketcher-friendly and they split bills. You can draw the buildings in the courtyard over lunch.
Let's meet on the north side of the Archibald Fountain at 10am. Hopefully there will still be some autumn leaves. You can go in the museum at the war memorial also.

Wet weather plan. Art Gallery of NSW foyer at 10am. Lunch in the Art Gallery cafe. You can just sit on the floor in the gallery and draw. Yes, I've done it many times.

How does that sound? Who's coming?
Colette
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Colette »

quirkyartist wrote:How does that sound? Who's coming?
Yeh I love this idea. I'm coming.

So that's Saturday July 31st 10am Sydney time right? Not sure where the north side is though.
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

The north side is the side nearest to the Harbour Bridge - nearest to Macquarie Street.
jdenel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jdenel »

Newbie JENNIFER will be there
Dragonhaunt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dragonhaunt »

Sounds good, I'm still working out details to figure out if I'll be there but I'd like to.
I paint pictures, draw comics and make silly things for the internet: http://ant2d.com
Colette
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Colette »

Not sure if I'll be there. Gettng over a cold.
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Hi everyone,
The weather for the day is still debatable. Rain forecast.

If fine, look for me at the Archibald Fountain at 10am. I will have a bright pink cotton bag that says 'COFA get your hands dirty".
Otherwise at the AGNSW lobby.

If we are at the AGNSW and anyone is running late, I'm thinking of going to the Asian art first, because there might be some nice statues to draw.

Wendy
Dragonhaunt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dragonhaunt »

I will finally meet you all tomorrow. I know where both of those places are so I can't get lost this time (unless I do it really well).

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”