Sketchcrawlers in Tacoma/Puyallup?

Saturday February 27 2010
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sketchcrawlers in Tacoma/Puyallup?

Post by northwestdrawing »

Would anyone like to gather for a SketchCrawl in the Tacoma/Puyallup area? Let me know and we'll make it happen.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Sketchcrawlers in Tacoma/Puyallup?

I will be sketching along Meridian in the old downtown part of Puyallup, and will meet anyone who cares to join me for the Sketchcrawl. I suggest meeting at 9 a.m. for coffee at Auntie B's restaurant located on Meridian between Stewart and the railroad tracks. In case of rainy weather, we can discuss options at 9 a.m. and choose some nearby indoor locations. Plenty of free parking nearby and within a few blocks of our meeting place: lots of old buildings/storefronts, railroad station, city park, city hall, back alleys, old Liberty Theater, and the Meeker Mansion.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Tacoma/Puyallup SketchCrawl

Two days ago, I posted a message on the Tacoma Artists Listserv about the next SketchCrawl and 6 people thus far replied directly to my email that they plan on attending this first SketchCrawl to take place in their "home area." Those numbers are good news, as an RSVP was invited, but not at all required. Likely more will attend than I have heard from. I will encourage all who attend to sign up to the Forum so they can post their drawings, see the drawings of others, and discuss the location for the next local SketchCrawl.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

We had six sketchers in Puyallup today! Beautiful sunny day, crisp, with high clouds. Some of us drew at the Liberty Theater, others around Pioneer Park. We met at 9 at Auntie B's...and returned there later for lunch. Tomorrow, I'll put up our photo and some sketches. Hope others do too.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Capturing a moment at the swing set in Pioneer Park in Puyallup, WA. on a chilly but sunny day.
Frances......Flickr.com/photos/northwestdrawing/
Last edited by northwestdrawing on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

This may look like a fellow with a bundle waiting for his ride, but it is also a northwest U.S. fashion statement:
we can be found wearing sandals in February. Frances--- Flickr.com/photos/northwestdrawing/
Last edited by northwestdrawing on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

A happy little girl with her toy fish held in her mouth, so her hands are free to hold the swing chains; a Mama trying to both push the swing AND hold back the family pet--(a Great Dane-Mastiff mix)--He desperately wanted to "save his little girl" from this strange moving contraption. Frances
beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by beth »

Stupendous drawings (and narrative), Frances!! Wonderful slices of life. You always show us something great! Missed you up in Seattle but so glad to see these!

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”