LONDON, UK

Saturday July 11th 2009
pennytristram
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

LONDON, UK

Post by pennytristram »

Hi everyone

This will be my 1st ever sketchcrawl - what a great idea - strength in numbers :)

So here are my ideas for possible locations:

1. Hampstead Heath
2. Nature Reserve at Canada Water - this is brilliant - like being out in the wilds and so calm and peaceful, and yet you are surrounded by Canary Wharf and docklands which you get a view of occasionally. Also there are some lovely wild birds - swans, ducks etc, and their babies, on the way there from the station.
3. Hackney Wick area - rich with urban decay!

Really I would be happy to draw anywhere. Anyone fancy coming along?
ambassdor
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: LONDON, UK

Post by ambassdor »

Oakly Doakly

Nature reserve sounds nice and peacefully. Hackney Wick sounds well dodge.

Keen either way.
Spurs
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Spurs »

Hi,

Great that you are interested in doing a sketchcrawl. Can I suggest a central location say somewhere like the Tate Modern and working alongside the riveer. There is a pub called the Founders Arms and loads of places to draw, Borough Market, St Pauls, the Tate, etc etc

Let me know what you think

Les
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Thanks for starting a London thread. I can definitely join in.

A few of us in London have already been sketchcrawling here a few times. The last time we'd planned an alternate route from St. James's through Hyde Park. This gives a pretty good cross section of interesting nature, people, and archetecture. We ended up around South Bank instead, though.

Whatever the route I would suggest planning for a rain alternative, perhaps a large station like Victoria. It would also be a good idea not to be too ambitious about the amount of area to cover or else we will spend more time crawling than sketching. Perhaps plan something based around tube stations to get the most variety.

Tom
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

It looks like rain this weekend.

The circle line will be in operation. How about if we met at Victoria and took the circle line? There are plenty of good stops for sketching, and this way we could avoid the rain.
zehotavio
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zehotavio »

hello everybody

I think Tom's idea sound interesting and is the most suitable for this weather, what do you think? We have to decide what time... maybe 10 or 11 seems good to me.

best

chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

Taking the Circle line sounds like a good idea, but if it turns out to be a bit sunny on the day I wouldn't mind walking between circle stations (so we could enter the next station and hop on the tube if the weather turns bad).
Meeting at 10 at Victoria sounds good to me.
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

OK, 10 AM sounds good.

Let's make it a specific place. There is a WHSmiths at Victoria. How about if we meet at the benches in front of WHSmiths?
ambassdor
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambassdor »

Sorry just fyi - last minute can't make it.

Have a good 'un tho!
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

Shame about that ambassador, maybe next time...
---
Benches in front of Smiths sounds good, see you guys there!
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Was planning to be there but I've got too much on today. Hope it goes well, looking forward to seeing all the sketches. The circle line plan sounds fun.

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”