Sacramento, CA - USA

Saturday April 11th 2009
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sacramento, CA - USA

Post by hanksan »

Hey, hey! Let's get our sketch on!

How about it Capitol City Sketchers! Davis and and other nearby cities as well... :wave:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on where we can go!

-Henry
krazkiddo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Sacramento, CA - USA

Post by krazkiddo »

Oh, I just noticed your post!

I hear Howe park is a nice place to draw. I've never been there, but maybe it's worth looking into?
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Sounds good to me! We should try to get a bunch of people together for this. I will send an email at the office. I'll also email school.
sddonlon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sddonlon »

Hi all,
I'm up in Placerville, and would like to join you on Apr 11. Where will you be meeting? I'm more familiar with the Folsom/Placerville area, so I need an address to do a Mapquest.
Also, you can email me : sherri at thedonlonfamily dot com.

Hope to see you!!
Sherri
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Hi Sherri,

I'm not sure where that park is that was recommended. Howe park? I'll do some snooping around. I also need to send an invite to my office. Maybe someone will have more info. WHo knows... maybe the location will change? Any interesting places in Placerville? :thumbup: ...just a thought... :shifty:

-henry
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i'd 'crawl in sac this time, but somewhere more central, downtown or midtown area.
bionicgreg
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bionicgreg »

Hello everyone,

I live in the Grass Valley area and have left a message in the Gold Country SketchCrawl but it seems like no one is going to respond, thus I am travelling further down the hill and into the valley to see what the Sacramento SketchCrawl might be up to for the April SketchCrawl??? I have read maybe Howe Park? Is there any further plans as far as location? Time, etc???? There are some great places in the Grass Valley area, one in particular is the Empire Mine State Park, it has a beautiful house, lots of various landscaping, gardens, Rose Gardens, etc....so much it is hard to describe in few words. There is also the downtown of both Grass Valley and Nevada City.

In case you want to check something else out....Bridgeport State Park has an annual Wildflower trail on the weekends you can actually walk with a docent who will describe the different wildflowers, etc along the trail. Or you can do like we do, just hike the trail, then stop and either photograph the wildflowers or sketch them. The trail is along the beautiful Yuba River which is really pretty right now, and there is also the Bridgeport covered bridge that is ideal for sketching. I believe the ideal time is from now until May 17th.

Contact the ranger station at (530) 432-2546 for more information.

The park is located 8 miles north on Pleasant Valley Road from Hwy 20.
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

So far we have...

Sacramento:
  • -Howe Park
    -MidTown
    -Downtown
Grass Valley Area:
  • -Empire Mine State Park
    -Downtown Grass Valley
    -Downtown Nevada City
    -Bridgeport
I've never been to Grass Valley and it sounds great, but it's a bit far for me to drive. It may also be the case for our Davis and Placerville sketchers. I definitely want to visit all the listed places. Also, I have a thing on the 10th and may be out of commission for the SketchCrawl. If the group decides on Grass Valley I would still try to go...

Have we ever had a Capitol crawl? That's something I would definitely like to do someday.

-henry
sddonlon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sddonlon »

Hey all,
I'm in, no matter where you end up! This will be my first "crawl" and am really looking forward to it.
BTW, Downtown Placerville is a fascinating place, lots of Gold Rush history up here. There's also Gold Bug Park (yeah, you can even pan for gold), and even Coloma... where gold was originally found.

Ideas for future crawls... :thumbup:

-Sherri
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Yes! Definitely Placerville and surrounding areas would be very cool. Maybe in Crawl 23? Thanks for your enthusiasm! It's contagious!!! :thumbup:

We drove up to Empire Mine & Grass Valley this past weekend and loved the area. It took much less time than I had expected - about 45 mintutes from Antelope. I would consider an Empire Mine Crawl if others can make it.

I've been thinking a lot about a Capitol Mall Crawl... maybe meet up at Old Soul Coffee... head over to the Capitol Mall... meander through the gardens... around the Capitol building... and then along K street... past the cathedral and the Crest theatre... have lunch at Ma Jong's (you can bring your own lunch, of course)... hmmmm just a thought.....if not this one then maybe a future crawl?
bionicgreg
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bionicgreg »

Well time is ticking closer to the SketchCrawl date and does anyone know of where we are going to meet and begin this 22nd World Wide SketchCrawl??

Boy if I would have known you were going to be at the Empire Mine this last weekend we could have met! There are some great places to eat, have coffee, etc in this area. Next time hollar my way and let me know your coming up this way and I can meet up with you and give you some great spots to sketch!

I am patiently waiting for the news on 22nd SketchCrawl.

I think Placerville would be a great location for a SketchCrawl also....so many great places all within about 45 minutes of Sacto! Heck, I am even up to driving out of the foothills to do a Captiol SketchCrawl if that is where we will meet. I am just looking forward to being with some other artists, sharing in some fun, and some sketching.
ramg28
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ramg28 »

So what is the final vote? N E where is fine with me capital mall, howe park, even grass valley.
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Well, I thought my post went through last week... I won't be able to attend the SketchCrawl this time around. Wherever you all land, I'm sure it will be great! Have fun!
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

I'd like to add a vote for the Capitol, and suggest a meeting time of 10:30 am on the steps. Two of us at least will be coming from Davis for this.
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

> :clap: Bump>

Anybody?

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”