San Francisco - CA - USA [Results]

Saturday January 19th 2008
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

eduardo, storydesign, lifeartist, larry, enrico, colinadams, Biscuit Maker (nice pics!), Danny, liamlightyear, Andrea Rhodes, and hoffman...

Great work everyone!

So many sketches, and I know this is just the tip of the iceberg. Quite a group there on Saturday. There's nothing quite like passing the books around to eachother in person, but the forum is a great way to see them all in one place and see some that might've been missed at the crawl. Keep 'em comin'!

I'll be posting mine in a few days after I get back home to L.A. It was great meeting many of you at the crawl -- and beyond (hi Martha! :D).
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Oh and Enrico, what an awesome gift from Nancy! Haha!
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Hey Gerald and storydesign -- I'm sorry I missed you guys at the crawl. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet in person another time either in LA or SF.
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

Wow, some great gestures/character captures you guys got! Love the dolls! I love a lot in this thread, actually! I'm jealous of places where you can be outside this time of year :)
larry
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by larry »

Thanks all ~ good to see the regulars again & meet some new folks. When my favorite pen fell apart early on I was scared the day would be lost, but managed to reassemble it, haha.

eduardo - Dig the softness in that last watercolor. And I'd never heard of Earle, but just checked some out and OMG, do I have a new hero? Those are trees.

colin - Kept seeing that streetcorner pic being passed around but never got to look closely. Your work is so bouncy and pleasant. :)

bill - Holy smokes, you got a lot done, I don't understand it. I'm especially enjoying the liveliness of yer buildings, and the heavier ink characters. (I see you got the "pickpocket" kid, heheh, that was hilarious)

andrea - Hey I like your line quality too, very dynamic & full of energy.

hoffman - Those panels w/ the black shadows are really striking, it's giving me some ideas for composition.
Biscuit Maker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

The drawings

Post by Biscuit Maker »

A handful of drawings. But I enjoyed the day thoroughly. Love all the posts. Keep them coming.

Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/paperbiscu ... 760975224/

jason_c
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jason_c »

Hi everyone, it was great to see a few familiar faces and meet lots of new ones. I missed seeing a lot of people's drawings at the exchange so I'm glad to be able to see and catch up on so many great sketches here.

I've been to a couple crawls before, but this is my first attempt at posting anything, so I hope I don't mess it up somehow...

Nadine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nadine »

Wow, I'm so inspired by everyone's sketches up here. I missed quite a few people at the exchange too, so I'm excited to see everyone's work slowly uploaded. This was my second crawl. My first was Sketchcrawl #2! So I'm waaaaaaaay overdue, but happy to make it back in again.

Hee hee, the girl in the green hat was my lovely friend, Lisa. How cool that she was a subject for quite a few people!

Here we go... hope I can get the images to post ok.

redhen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by redhen »

Wow, I am really enjoying seeing everybody's incredible work here!

What a great day in SF! It feels like such a treat to give yourself an entire day to just sketch. I sure enjoy getting lost in the concentration of attempting to capture something on paper. I liked the format of the day - having only one meeting time after the initial meet makes a whole lot of sense. And I liked that we reconvened at 4:30 before it got too cold!

My friend & I kept following the sun and ended up in North Beach, where we found a sunny stoop to sketch, and then a great Chinese restaurant.

Here are a couple of my meager attempts. Colored in Photoshop, of course, because I wouldn't know what to do with real watercolors!

This mail truck pulled away before I could finish it, which was probably a good thing.

This is Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope on Columbus & Kearny. Right across the street is Nanking, where we had some soup.

Nancy
killmax
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by killmax »

@nadine e jason:
Wow! very nervouse-style! I love your quickly way!
Donal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Donal »

Wow! Fantastic drawings from everyone. I wish I could capture people in caricature as well as Liam.

Great stuff. I hope to some day make it to a SF sketchcrawl.
Nadine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nadine »

Love everyone's work! Storydesign, Liam, Hoffman, and JasonC, great stuff. So much fun!

Enrico, I love your street scenes. I really should try doing some of those next time. And the dolls! Wow! :) Are those from the girl with the beautiful bird earrings as well? She told me her mother made those, too.
missamelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by missamelia »

Yep, my mom (a.k.a. Redhen!) made those dolls :)

I had a great day, though it wasn't very productive artwork-wise...here are my meager offerings!

This was the last drawing of the day. I wish I would have spent more time on it.
I could have drawn these pigeons all day...but I figured if I'd traveled all the way to SF I might as well draw SF!
The lanterns were the most challenging but the most fun to do. I watercolored them later on in the day, right before meeting up with everyone.

WOnderful sketches everyone!
Andrea R those are fantastic sketches, and same to Hoffman for such simple but effective line work.
Ronnie, your watercolors are always so inspiring!
Jason C, these are so cool. Makes me want to go out and sketch right now. Nadine, great people studies.
And Redhen, you're sketching so much nowadays its like every day is a SketchCrawl day. Makes me so proud :D

So when's the next one? :)
dice
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

great work everyone

Post by dice »

What a perfect day it was and a great turn out of people. Way to go SF sketchcrawlers!

I wasn't there the whole time but I managed to do a few pieces...
Hope to see you guys again in a few months!

hmm.....hope the images show up....
Rebecca
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: great work everyone

Post by Rebecca »

dice wrote:Image
Dice, what is the medium with this one? Thanks.

Great work, everyone! Sorry I couldn't make it this time -- I had another thing happening. :(

Return to “17th World Wide SketchCrawl”