Tucson - Arizona - USA

Saturday January 19th 2008
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Tucson - Arizona - USA

Post by donnam »

Let's try and come with two possible locations--one indoors and one outdoors. While I would prefer outdoors and I think that all of you would too, we should have an indoor backup location, just in case of crummy weather.

Suggestions pls.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

I agree...

Post by alanna »

I'd prefer outdoors, but if it's chilly, indoors would be good.
I am drawing a blank as to where would be good to sketch. I'd like someplace that has a variety of things to sketch (people, architecture...etc) ...
Sorry, I keep thinking of things we've already done! downtown, UA campus, Trail dust town...
other thoughts: zoo, botanical garden, tohono chul park, desert museum

I'm up for anything really!
helengaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Next Crawl

Post by helengaus »

Ideas for next SketchCrawl

Animals: Places to draw them -
There's a miniature horse ranch northwest of town
Cow barns on Allen and Campbell
Zoo
Dead animal museum

Or we could draw from one of our homes. I think we have plenty of interesting things to draw in either of our homes.

Tucson Mall

Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Ok, we have about 2 weeks to make a decision. Anyone else want to jump in with suggestions--Mary?, Christina? Terri?
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

museums are always good...the historical museum? somewhere near a cafe....Donna and I sketched the mall and it was hard to find places to sit...great for sketching people. the dead animal museum might be good...I'm up for most anything, though!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Well, since both people that suggested--suggested the Zoo for outdoors, that is where we shall meet. Unless of course, it is crummy weather, then let's go to the Dead Animal Museum on Gates Pass. Mary and I have been wanting to check it out anyway, so it just seems like an animal day. And my animal drawings suck, so it will be good for me.

Since we don't know yet what the weather is forecasted to be that day, I can't make the final decision whether it is the zoo or dead animal museum. I will be out of town until Friday the 18th, but I will post final destination when I return on Friday after I check the weather forecast. Hope that is ok with everyone.

Be sure to check back on Friday night to get the final meeting place!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

sounds like a plan!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Well, I know that most of us want to sketch outdoors if possible and I see that the high tomorrow is going to be 62--so let's do the zoo at 10:00 AM. Let's meet at the front entrance. Please try and be on time if possible so that we are not waiting around. It would be helpful if I knew who was coming, so after reading this, can you pls "check in" here. Thanks.

See everyone tomorrow--should be fun!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

i'm planning on being there! HOpefully I won't be late...if I am, please start without me and I'll find you guys!

Return to “17th World Wide SketchCrawl”