Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Seoul, Korea [Results]

Post by bh yoo »

scenery seen from the 2nd floor terrace of Common Ground building,
pen, watercolor, 32 x 24 cm

ground scenery seen from the corridor bridge on 2nd floor,
pen, watercolor, 32 x 24 cm

The Common Ground area locates at Jayang-dong near the Geonguk University Subway station. More than 200 containers were used to build the shopping mall. The blue color attracts lots of tourists and citizens by its exotic mood for taking photos and shopping. We enjoyed sketching there under big shade canopies here and there though the weather was still hot. Twenty five sketchers including 7 new comers gathered before 10:30 am and shared their works at 4 pm on the long table at ground. I'd like to visit the place again on Autumn. Much thanks for all the participants!
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Seoul, Korea [Results]

Post by bh yoo »

Work by Yun Jae Gyeong, her first sketch in her life!

Works by Yun Jae Yong, elder sister of Jae Gyeong

bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by bh yoo »

Sketches by Jung Young Gyeong

Comm - on grounds was a unique container buildings. Blue containers piled up and helped create a sense of realism and gave me a fun to sketches. After finishing the sketch, I drew more pictures. This is where I want to go again and draw.

Image5

parksooshin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by parksooshin »

오늘은 건국대학교가 있는 자양동에서 스케치 하였습니다. Common Ground는 쇼핑 몰 입니다. 쇼핑을 온 사람들도 많았지만 그냥 놀러온 사람들도 많은 것으로 보였습니다. 건물의 외장이 독특하였기 때문이라고 생각 합니다. 무더운 날씨지만 여러분들과 함께 즐겁게 스케치 하였습니다.
Today I sketched at Jayang-dong where Keonguk University is . Common Ground is a shopping mall. There were a lot of people who came to shopping, but there seemed to be a lot of people who came to play. I think that the exterior of the building was unique. It was a hot weather, but I sketched it happily with Seoul urban sketchers.
Eun jong Kang
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Eun jong Kang »

Do you like blue color?
There is a striking building shaped like a container with real blue color.
It's cool!
Just enjoy these urban sketching with us, especially you love using blue pigment.
Blue was the color of loneliness and sadness for Van Gogh and Rotrec and it was the color of freedom in the french revolution.
What does blue color mean to you?
I concentrated on expressing vivid and impressive color in these two works.
When it comes to me, the color blue stands for intensity.
AT COMMON GROUND WITH URBAN SKETCHERS IN SEOUL
archiartist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by archiartist »

food truks on the central square market, pencil and watercolor

a scenery viewed from the 2nd floor terrace, pen and watercolor

Common Ground building in front of the central square, pencil

(36 x 51cm, watercolor paper)

Last Saturday, for the 56th World Wide SketchCrawl, we usk Seoul members met at Common Ground located at Jayang-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul.
Common Ground is the largest container shopping mall complex in Korea built with 200 shipping containers, and is capable of transforming into
different structures or moving into different places. The architectural form is based on a center square connecting two buildings. On the central square, a weekend market is held with different themes, and visitors can enjoy the light snack at the colorful food trucks that offer an exotic dining experience.
It was a little hot and humid, but a fine day for sketching, I took a fancy to the exotic food truck on the market ground at first sight. After sketching that in watercolors quickly and I drew the impressive container building connected with over bridge and hanging placards in pencil. Then I went upstairs and sketched a scenery of the connections between different buildings in perspective. While sketching, I enjoyed expressing the movements of people coming and going immediately in my picture. We had a very pleasant and lively SketchCrawl !
Archiartist Lee Blog : http://archiartistlee.blogspot.com/
Seoul Urban Sketchers Blog : http://urbansketchers-seoul.blogspot.com/
Urban Sketchers Blog : http://www.urbansketchers.org/
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Nice work by the Seoul artists, many different styles of sketching, and use of watercolor. I enjoyed the commentary by each artist, describing their interests and inspiration for portraying their locale.
Jihyun Yi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Jihyun Yi »

Sketch at Common Ground with color

Sketch at Common Ground without color

Sketch in Subway going to Sketchcrawl

Sketch in Subway going to Sketchcrawl

With skethcers in Common Ground

Enjoyed sketching in the subway going Seoul Skech meet-up. Drawing peoples is always a kind of challenge for me so it means I need to practice more. In last sketch meet-up around Cheonggyecheon, I completed my drawing below the Sun directly without any roof e.g. trees, bridge.. and I suffered from sunshine allergy for 1 week. But here in Common Ground, there was so nice tent and tables..! Very comfortable environment for urban sketchers :) Also I enjoyed vivid blue colored containers and exotic food trucks. And I was happy that many sketchers drew me because I blocked their view in front of food truck. :) After coming back, I added little color on my drawing and also I like it.

서울로 스케치 모임에 참가하러 가는 중, 지하철 내 풍경도 조금 그려볼까 하고 도전해봤습니다. 사람들이 내가 그림 그리는 것을 혹시 기분 나쁘게 생각할까 조금 조마조마한 기분이 들었어요. 눈치 채지 못하게 빨리 그려버려야지 하고 생각했습니다. 지난 주 청계천에서 아무 보호막이 없는 상태에서 한두 시간을 햇빛 아래 앉아 다리를 그렸더니 일주일 동안 햇빛 알러지로 고생을 했습니다. 그런데 커먼 그라운드에는 멋들어진 천막과 테이블이 있어 정말 편한 환경에서 스케치할 수 있어 좋았습니다. 물론 바닥에 앉아 그리는 것도 전혀 마다하지 않지만, 종종 이런 호사를 누리는 것도 참 좋네요. 쨍한 파란색의 컨테이너들과 푸드트럭들을 보는 재미가 있었어요. 게다가 여러 스케쳐 분들이 저를 모델 삼아 그려주셔서 즐거웠습니다. 제가 푸드 트럭 앞을 가로막고 있어서 어쩔 수 없으셨을 거지만요 :)
Pascal20
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Pascal20 »

BRAVO chers amis de Corée ! :clap: :clap: :clap:
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by bh yoo »

Much thanks for your encouraging comments, Gaelwriter and Pascal 20! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Though it was very hot lots of sketchers joined and enjoyed sketching together. I hope them to post their great works soon.
Please visit again later. :)
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi BH and Friends:

As usual, you amaze me with your ability to draw the spirit of life!

And you had a great response with so many artists! :clap:

Sorry I made a late post.(Please see Tallahassee Florida USA [LATE RESULTS] aka Wittenberg, Germany).
I was travelling.

I was happy to see M9fred and Elvi (and Amy), friends of ours in Vienna :D , but had to go to Deutschland before WWSC day.

Mark Fletcher, Florida, USA
PS: Our city is on its second attempt to create a "shipping container neighborhood".
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

What an incredible amount of admirable sketches. :thumbup: I like these colorful and vividly depicted street sceneries.
Thank you for sharing your photos and stories.

Manfred
AndyOh
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by AndyOh »

Return to “56th World Wide SketchCrawl - Jul 29 2017”