Atlanta, GA (Sunday)

Saturday October 24, 2015

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

tnye
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Atlanta, GA (Sunday)

Post by tnye »

Because of scheduling conflicts we will be sketchcrawling on SUNDAY at the newly opened Ponce City Market (PCM). Reputed to be the largest brick structure in the southeastern United States, the building was originally build as the headquarters for Sears, Roebuck & Co. in 1926. After years of disuse it has recently been rehabilitated as retail/restaurants/offices/apartments (of course) and adjoins the Atlanta Beltline's Eastside Trail.

There's something for all sketchers: industrial architecture, history, people, cafés, and both indoor and outdoor possibilities, so we're set either rain or shine. We'll meet at the location below at 1:30 pm, or you can show up early and get lunch at PCM. Parking on site is approximately $1/hr or you can get there on foot/bike via the Beltline.

Date: Sunday, October 25, 2015
Meet: Ponce City Market, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Meeting location inside PCM: Spiral staircase in food hall area
Time: 1:30 to whenever

**If you are in Atlanta and want to sketch on Saturday with the rest of the world, please do so!! You can still post your drawings here.

Historic images of PCM:
http://www.poncecitymarket.com/our-story/history/
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Atlanta, GA (Sunday)

Post by debora »

From 1:30 to 1:45 Teri waited at the top of the staircase and I waited at the bottom. We didn't expect anyone else, as nobody had replied, but you never know when you put something out on the web. So I stood at the foot the staircase and sketched the scene in front of me, being as obvious about sketching as I possibly could:

Then we moved on to a pleasant deck outdoors, where we spent the rest of the afternoon. I only drew a tiny bit of the mammoth building; Teri shows a bit more of it in her sketch.
tnye
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by tnye »

It turned out to be a good thing we waited to sketch a day after the official World Wide Sketchcrawl date. Yesterday was the Ponce City Market's grand opening and North Avenue was closed for a soapbox derby. It was a madhouse! Today Debora and I found some nice chairs on the outdoor deck leading to the Beltline. It was quite peaceful.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Both of you did nice work for your crawl! Thanks for sharing your work.

Return to “49th World Wide SketchCrawl”