Saturday October 24, 2015

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

oludotunf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Paris [RESULTS]

Post by oludotunf »

Plus que quelques jours avant le 49ème SketchCrawl !
Voici les dernières précisions sur cette journée :

- à 10h, RDV pour les plus matinaux au Café A, au Couvent des Récollets, 148 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin. Si jamais il était privatisé et fermé, traversez la rue, on se retrouvera dans un des cafés en face.

Puis direction Gare du Nord pour dessiner. A signaler : une belle vue générale de la gare depuis la mezzanine Eurostar, les pianos (près des quais 4 et 13),le quai 36 et le street art.

- à 12h, RDV en bas des escaliers de la mezzanine Eurostar, face au quai 18 pour aller déjeuner dans les cafés-brasseries du coin.

- à 17h, c'est Chez Casimir que nous nous retrouverons au 6 rue Belzunce, derrière l'église Saint-Vincent-de-Paul.

ATTENTION: Nous sommes souvent très concentrés quand nous dessinons. Faites quand même attention à vos affaires et aux pickpockets fréquents dans les gares.

Pour les nouveaux, les Sketchcrawl, comme les autres sorties, sont ouverts à tous, du débutant au professionnel, et sans inscription. N'hésitez pas, prenez votre matériel et venez nous retrouver !

Voilà la discussion dans le groupe Flickr de Paris Sketchers sur ce SketchCrawl :
www.flickr.com/groups/paris-sketchers/d ... 138172913/

A samedi !

Pour un récapitulatif de nos participations précédentes au SketchCrawl, cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous :
www.flickr.com/groups/sketchcrawlparis/ ... 138360259/

----------------------------------------------------------

The 49th SketchCrawl is only a few days away!
Here are the final details for the day:

10am: Meet at Café A, Couvent des Récollets, 14 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin. If it is closed for a private event or for some other reason, we will be at one of the cafes on the other side of the road, so you only have to cross the road and ask for us.

Afterwards, we will head out to draw at Gare du Nord. Note: There is a nice view of the train station from the Eurostar mezzanine, the pianos (near Platforms 4 and 13), Platform 36 and some street art.

12pm: Meet at the bottom of the stairs of the Eurostar mezzanine, in front of Platform 18, to go have lunch at one of the cafés-brasseries in the area.

5pm: Meet at Chez Casimir, 6 rue Belzunce, behind the Saint-Vincent-de-Paul church.

NOTE: We are often grouped together when we draw. Nevertheless, please pay attention to your belongings and be wary of pickpockets who tend to be frequent in train stations.

For those who are new here, our SketchCrawl events, like our other outings, are open to all (beginners, amateurs, professional, etc.) and do not require any registration. So bring your materials and come join us!

Here is the discussion on this SketchCrawl in the Paris Sketchers group on Flickr :
www.flickr.com/groups/paris-sketchers/d ... 138172913/

See you Saturday!

For a recap of our previous SketchCrawl outings, click on the link below:
www.flickr.com/groups/sketchcrawlparis/ ... 138360259/
Last edited by oludotunf on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
katydorler
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Paris 24 oct

Post by katydorler »

Je propose vers le musée d'art moderne, entre le pont de l'Alma et le trocadéro, la tour Eiffel. Entrée dans le musée gratuite. Batiments extérieurs et statues intéressantes, personnages, les bords de Seine, la tour, les jardins, le quai Branly.
MoniqueJ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Re: Paris

Post by MoniqueJ »

Finalement, c'est la Gare du Nord qui a été choisie pour Paris.
Tous les détails dans le groupe de discussions de ParisSketchers, comme indiqué par Dotun :
https://www.flickr.com/groups/paris-ske ... 748443683/
oludotunf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Post by oludotunf »

Je viens de mettre à jour le premier message de cette discussion avec le programme de SketchCrawl.
MoniqueJ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Post by MoniqueJ »

A Paris, nous nous sommes retrouvés à la Gare du Nord, sous les annonces des trains en partance pour Londres, Dunkerque, Bruxelles, etc. Voyage immobile ! Pot de fin de journée dans un restaurant étrange.
Image49e SketchCrawl Gare du Nord by Monique J., sur Flickr
Image49e SketchCrawl Gare du Nord by Monique J., sur Flickr
Image49e SketchCrawl by Monique J., sur Flickr
Agnès
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Post by Agnès »

Une quarantaine de participants sur l'ensemble de la journée à ce Sketchcrawl parisien !
Des croquis à l'intérieur et à l'extérieur de la Gare du Nord, et de belles rencontres lors des 3 rendez vous de la journée dans les cafés et restaurant.

ImageGare du Nord. Paris 49ème SketchCrawl by Agnès, sur Flickr

75 marion
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Paris [RESULTS]

Post by 75 marion »

Et voilà les résultats de la journée! Merci à tous pour l'organisation!

Image151024_49WWSKgareNord1_21x60 by Marion Rivolier, sur Flickr

Image151024_49WWSKgareNord2_21x60 by Marion Rivolier, sur Flickr

Image151024_49WWSKgareNord3_13x41 by Marion Rivolier, sur Flickr

Image151024_49WWSKgareNord4_21x60 by Marion Rivolier, sur Flickr
owlhorse
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by owlhorse »

... love your sketches! Thanks very much for sharing! ...

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13131
janvier isabelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janvier isabelle »

martine kervagoret
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by martine kervagoret »

Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Sophie Valenti »

Très chouettes vos résultats ! :thumbup: :clap: 8)
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

I love the sketches of the train stations!!! Thank you for sharing your work.
oludotunf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
France

Post by oludotunf »

The 49th SketchCrawl is now over, in Paris and just about everywhere, and it was without a doubt an enjoyable experience.

I took part as early as I could, arriving at the café for the morning rendezvous before starting things off at the Couvent des Récollets (which would have been the rendezvous location if it was already open at 10am). From outside the café but inside the grounds, I was able to sketch the façade of Gare de l'Est.

Gare de l'Est by oludotunf, on Flickr

I met up with most of the sketchers for lunch at Belushi's, a restaurant located between Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord. We were about 30 or so at the table, if not more! It was special.

Afterwards, I left to take on Gare du Nord, where I had attempted to try (no pun intended) a sketch last December, only to come up short and settle for less because I was down with a cold. But not this time! And I made it to the Eurostar floor, and set up my stool at the center of the protruding platform facing the tracks. Conveniently, I was also facing the center of the entire hall. I had a large view before me, and it was only fitting that I went with a panoramic sketch.

Gare du Nord by oludotunf, on Flickr

It was quite a challenging task, given the layout and design of the platforms, the tracks, the trains, the roof, the bordering walls, the lampposts, the lightbulbs, etc., all overlapping in a wide open view and receding into the distance in perspective. Minutes after starting, I deemed the view the most challenging thing that I sketched. I thought that I was nuts to continue despite the invasive feelings of wanting to quit. Maybe I was really nuts -- I lasted almost 3 hours in my effort to produce something satisfactory!

We capped off the day with drinks at La Pointe du Grouin, a charming if not atypical bar near Gare du Nord. Virtually everyone chatted, most if not all admired drawings that others did, and even a few drew inside the bar! All in all, it was yet another fun SketchCrawl in Paris. More than 40 people participated at one point or the other during the day, and I think that many of them enjoyed themselves. I know I did.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Superb series from Paris! :D :thumbup: :shock:
aurorelei
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by aurorelei »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129826133 ... res/Dwx98n
hello
normalement vous devriez voir 2 dessins de la gare du Nord et 2 photos, je croise les doigts

Aurore

Return to “49th World Wide SketchCrawl”