Waldwick, NJ, USA (solo sketchcrawl) RESULTS

Saturday April 19th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Waldwick, NJ, USA (solo sketchcrawl) RESULTS

Post by mhimeswc »

While I was taking my walk this morning, I was thinking about where I could go to do a solo sketchcrawl. I noticed a few little signs of spring, like some forsythia blooming, and Easter decorations, so when I finished, I went back out and retraced my route with my sketchbook, pens and small watercolor kit. I did four small sketches. After this past winter, (and snow on Monday), it felt so good to be warm and to see just the tiniest sign that spring was really going to make an appearance this year.

Having trouble with the "sideways gremlin" that insists on occasionally rotating one of my images sideways. :crazy:
HRH CC
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Waldwick, NJ, USA (solo sketchcrawl) RESULTS

Post by HRH CC »

I found you, Michelle! Lovely sketches of your neighborhood! I can't believe you just had snow again! You guys have had a bad winter! I bet seeing all those nice colors cheered you up! And that bunny in the tree is a hoot! Keep on sketchin'! :clap:
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Thanks for finding me and commenting. I smiled when I saw that bunny in the tree. There was a chick or a duck or something yellow in there too, but it was facing the other way and I couldn't see it very well. There's not too much growing here yet, so I guess people are adding springtime color with their own decorations.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Glad you found some signs of spring to inspire your solo sketch crawl. The bunny in the tree is so funny. When the magnolia blossoms start to open he will be hidden. I like the one of the forsythia in bloom. I'll have to get out to find some here this week.
Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Sophie Valenti »

I love yours spring sketches, thank you for sharing this place and your results :clap:
timillustrator
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
Great Britain

Post by timillustrator »

Nice work and well done for doing it solo. I've done a few before and it's somehow more difficult than a group but just as important to show your area.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Thank you, Joan, Sophie and Timillustrator.

Joan, there was a yellow duck or chick (couldn't see it well enough to identify) in the same tree. The wind was whipping them around a lot - kind of like sketching a live animal. LOL!
Susan T
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Susan T »

Mickey, good for you for being so motivated going solo! :clap: Great capture of the early signs of Spring. You picked the same types of things to sketch that your sister would do, and just as good! :thumbup: Maybe we can get you to come in and do a crawl with us in the city.
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Lovely sketches, Michelle, and they convey a warm, inspirational content--a true sign of spring!

Return to “43rd World Wide SketchCrawl”