Valladolid. Spain

Saturday April 19th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Félix Tamayo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Valladolid. Spain

Post by Félix Tamayo »

This year´s 43rd SketchCrawl coincides with the Holy Week celebrations in our city. Valladolid has been declared as an international tourism interest. They combine with deep courtly and cultural roots, influences the Semana Santa that dates back to the 15th century. We will try to sketch some of the striking traditions in our city although there aren´t many processions during Holy Saturday. Our first meeting point is in front of the Cathedral at 11:30 in the morning. Later, depending on the weather and the attendees, we might draw inside the Cathedral or different exhibit areas (there is an on-going exhibit "Reproducciones de la Pasión" at Sala del Teatro Calderon ). In the evening, we could sketch the different processions in the streets.

El 43º SketchCrawl coincide este año con la celebración de la Semana Santa en nuestra ciudad. Será una oportunidad para mostrar al mundo el ambiente de nuestra impactante semana santa. Quedamos a las 11h30 frente a la catedral para luego decidimos donde dibujar (dentro de la catedral o en la Sala del Teatro Calderón, donde hay una exposición interesante sobre el trabajo de los artesanos que realizaron los pasos, "Reproducciones de la Pasión").
Quedamos de nuevo 13h30 por si alguno se retrasa en el Cafetín (El Largo Adiós). Por la tarde, si seguimos con ganas, podemos dibujar las procesiones en la calle.
Guardar Como
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Valladolid. Spain

Post by Guardar Como »

Félix Tamayo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Félix Tamayo »

Traditions during Holy Week in Valladolid are very impressive and inspiring to go out and draw in the streets.
The 43rd SketchCrawl was a success with almost twenty participants. We enjoyed a good weather and we sketched near the Cathedral as well as inside the Las Angustias Church. Later, to finish the morning session, we had a drink in a bar. In the afternoon, we met again in front of the Vera Cruz Church.
Some of my sketches:
More in my Blog:
http://acarela.blogspot.com.es/
sstamaria
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sstamaria »

These are the sketches that I was able to do during the 43rd World Wide SketchCrawl in Valladolid which coincided with the celebration of the Holy Saturday. Once again, it was an enjoyable day for me to be able to sketch in the street and participate to this worldwide event.

Image ImageImageImageImage

For my other sketches, see https://www.flickr.com/photos/67033988@N02/
stephnet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by stephnet »

So great to see your city and know about the events that were happening there through your sketches! Looks like you had a great group and good turnout.
Jesús Martín Acebes
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Jesús Martín Acebes »

Estos son mis trabajos

More in my flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trazzero/
HRH CC
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by HRH CC »

So many lovely sketches! It is nice to see and hear about your culture! Thank you! :clap:
Guardar Como
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Guardar Como »

The results by Pascual Aranda
Guardar Como
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Guardar Como »

Sketch by Curro Berrocal
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Excellent sketches of the traditions and culture of your area for Holy Saturday. Thank you for sharing your work.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Thank you for taking us to the churches through your sketches and photos :thumbup: :clap: Lovely all!

Return to “43rd World Wide SketchCrawl”