Drawing in Public

How can we make the site and forum better?

Moderator: Gerald

sweet_limes
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Drawing in Public

Post by sweet_limes »

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'm totally new to drawing and I find it hard to get past people staring at me and being critical. Love the thought that most people can't draw any better then I can :clap: (ok, that may be a stretch) but still, if I tell myself that maybe it will get better. I've just told my husband I'm going to start bringing my sketchbook with me everywhere so I can get used to it. Hoping some people want to join in the crawl in Calgary so I can meet some new people! :D
nelchee
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Drawing in Public

Post by nelchee »

I went to a bar that's at the top of a building today to sketch, and the waiter was really enthusiastic when he saw me draw, and later wanted to see the completed sketch and show it to his colleagues. They insisted that I have to come again to draw some more... :D I didn't want the attention because I'm anxious about it too, but this was pretty good, he wasn't nagging me or anything, just asked a few questions, do I do it as a hobby or am I a pro, if I had any other sketches to show him (I did show him a few) and he went away for his work.

Return to “Suggestions Box”