email list or yahoo group?

How can we make the site and forum better?

Moderator: Gerald

email list or yahoo group?

Post by Guest »

How about an email list or yahoo group for Sketchcrawl so that previous participants and other interested parties can be notified of new events en masse?
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

very good point ... ok then !
Let's give this a try !
I just started a GOOGLE GROUP here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/SketchCrawl

I added the emails of the crawlers I have on file, but that is barely 20 people, so please take a moment to join the group and feel free to invite any friends of yours who might be interested!
The idea is indeed to use it for updates on the upcoming crawls and such ... thanks for the suggestion Guest ! X)

E
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

As a couple of you have mentioned on emails the other option would be to just have people sign up on the site for a simple mailing list ... not sure if that is better or worse ... Google groups are more interactive and everyone can invite new people (which I really like) but also perhaps a little more work to join ... and somewhat redundant given this forum ...
uhm ...
any thoughts, preferences ?

E
beet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by beet »

E,

imho, It would be better to keep all things Sketchcrawl in one place. The simpler the better - for us and for you, to keep things tidy :)

Just my 2 cents of course ... I guess opening a second " spot" would be redundant, as you mentioned. I know I wouldn't visit two sites.

I wouldn't mind joining a list to get a mail, say, one month in advance, and a reminder the very weekend before the event. If it's well presented, nice images, etc, somehow catchy ( you can do that :) , I guess people might just be keen to forward that their own friends and spread the word.
maybe.

bt
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

ok after some thoughts perhaps it's better to just have a mailing list going ... without using the rather redundant groups ...
please sign in on the main page to join in the updates mailing list !

thanks

E

Return to “Suggestions Box”