Sketchcrawl.com should get a book published

How can we make the site and forum better?

Moderator: Gerald

dan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sketchcrawl.com should get a book published

Post by dan »

That's right, I think that in next year, all the members here should really bust their cans and in a year or so, we should submit what we think are our best sketches and the best will be selected from that (from a vote of sketchcrawl forum members). These final drawings could then be designed into a small book and then we (sketchcrawl.com forum members who are serious about this happening) could all look for potential publishers.

What do you guys think? Enrico, are you game?

dan
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Great suggestion dan. I'd love to see a "Scketchcrawl" book on the shelves of book stores. If this idea is approved by Enrico, it'd be another great way to promote Sketchcrawl.com. I'm sure we'll get even more people to join the site.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

well, it's an excellent idea ... I have been personally thinking of making a book since my trip to Japan ... a book of my watercolors about the sketchcrawl trip to Japan ...

but I think that a book about the community of artists forming around the SketchCrawl idea is really really cool ...
I kind of feel that I want this to get bigger before doing a book like that though ... I hope that within 2 or 3 sketchcrawls we'll get more attention and more artists joining in ...
I hope the word of mouth can make this bigger, it seems a book would be great to pitch to a publisher then ...

E
dan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dan »

Well, I don't know about the majority of the folks that visit this board but I would like to see a community book realized. I think it could bring the Sketchcrawl a lot of press and recognition. :)

dan
Donal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Donal »

You could always use ComixPress to publish a Sketchcrawl book.

They're pretty cheap, depending on the amount you order.

Even if you don't get physical copies made to sell yourself at conventions and the like, they'll sell copies on their website

Enrico, you seem like you've already got enough sketchcrawls to last you for 4 standard sized comics. And if you did one days worth of sketchcrawling and came out with 25 pages of sketches that day, then you've got yourself a nice, 2.50 book that i'd sure as hell buy every month. Anyone else?

I'm probably going to attempt to do that eventually. Won't call it Sketchcrawl, though, because I don't want to infringe on any copyrights.

If any of you are thinking of publishing yours, check into ComiXPress.

Return to “Suggestions Box”