Saturday October 19th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Vienna, Austria [Results]

Post by m9fred »

For this sketchcrawl we met at Minoritenplatz in the First District of Vienna. On this sunny but quite chilly morning (6°C, 43°F ) we made our sketches from some details of the Minorities' Church.

Gabi has brought along sandwiches and hot tea to top up our energy. Thank you very much, Gabi!
John has to leave very soon but assured to meet up with me in the afternoon and Arco Iris hurried off to work after she had finished her drawing.

Arco Iris took a nap in the warm sunshine :lol:

In the afternoon John and I met at Meiselmarkt and after waiting around for other sketchers to come we had a short walk to "Die Schmelz" a large area of allotment gardens.
There we sat down in the beer garden of a nice inn located there. It was still sunny in the afternoon and a few degrees higher but a fresh breeze made the air feel as chilly as in the morning. John finished his drawing from Minorities' Church and I sketched a goblin (or puck) carved out from a stump and my glass of beer.

John

m9fred

I had to wait fairly long time for the streetcar and sketched one of an other line.

Arco Iris

Gabi
Gabi sketched the monument of Leopold Figl, first Federal Chancellor after World War II.

markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Re: Vienna, Austria [Results]

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Wienercrawlers!
Nice to see your art! I like the feeling of speed in the train going past the traditional-costumed-man in M9fred's drawing, the arches in John's sketch and Gabi's chosen angle/shading of the the sculpture from the side. Good effort by ArcoIris to sketch before going to work :thumbup:
When I visited Lofer beim Salzburg in 1975, my mother bought the souvenier "Wichtlemann" made of cast metal and a semi precious stone. In 2012, I could not find these anywhere. Wonder if you know about these? My mother said they were a popular good luck charm, an earth spirit or dwarf that mined for jewels. If you put one in your house it brings financial prosperity. Is that from a fable for children? Wonder if your goblin drawing, M9fred, is a related legend?
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher

Return to “41st World Wide SketchCrawl”