London (UK)

Saturday October 19th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

London (UK)

Post by chrism »

Hi all, who's up for a London sketchcrawl next weekend?
Given the current weather, we'll probably want to plan to visit some indoor places. Museums and galleries and the like.
Suggestions welcome!
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: London (UK)

Post by Tom D »

I'm in, Chris. The weather might be good on Saturday, but an indoor sketchcrawl sounds good to me anyway.

Train station? Museum?
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Good to see you guys still here :)

I'd love to make it but unfortunately I'm only free in the morning. What time were you guys thinking of starting? Would 9 be too early?
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

I'll be around ,Maybe decide on a place to meet then choose ? Forecast is for showers otherwise i'd be up for The Italian Gardens in Hyde Park . I missed the Meet Up Draw London event few weeks back and thats where they went. Happy with any other suggestions Museum or someplace covered ?
With the state of Transport at weekends not sure i could make it that early Thek but it'd be great to see you .
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

I'm fine with any museum, gallery or train station.
Could check out the Hunterian Museum again, maybe John Soanes if there's space to sketch there, or Covent Garden and the Transport Museum.
Or a museum anyone can suggest that we haven't done before.
Good to hear from you Kev, I'll make an effort to come earlier. If not 9, 10 should be possible. How long can you stick around for?
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

The John Soane's house requires that large bags are left at the door, so if we plan to sketch there bring a tiny sketchbook.

I'm happy to make an early start of it as well.
theea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by theea »

Hey I should be able to make this
John Soane's house looks amazing, but I'm happy to sketch wherever
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Good to hear from you Neil, hopefully we'll have some crossover time!

Chris, I have to be back by 12:30 so realistically I need to leave by about 11:30. It doesn't leave me much time but a couple of hours is more sketching time than I've had recently!

I'm good with any of museums/train stations. Museums usually open at 10 so that might be a good time to meet up? And I don't have to feel bad for asking you all out too early :)
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

Shall we meet nearest station to John Soanes House then ? which i think is Holborn from 10 AM
Maybe text . If we all miss each other ?
And anyone wanting to join can pm here and swap numbers.
Before tomorrow
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

Holborn at 10 sounds good to me
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Sorry everybody, I feel awful for having affected everybody's plans like this, but that thing I had to be home for has been moved to 11 so I won't be able to make it.

Hope you all have a good time at John Soane's, I was really looking forward to visiting it.
kjulin
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
United States of America

Post by kjulin »

I am a Stevens Point person from Wisconsin, just arrived at Heathrow this morning and visiting in London and will come over to the John Soane house too for a sketch this afternoon, especially with all of the rain. See you if you are still around. Looking forward to seeing the sketches when you post them.

Return to “41st World Wide SketchCrawl”