Gothenburg, Sweden [RESULT]

Saturday July 13th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Tipulida
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Gothenburg, Sweden [RESULT]

Post by Tipulida »

Here’s my report from my very first sketch crawl, since I was alone I got at lot work done!

My choosen location for the event was Masthuggskyrkan in Gothenburg, a church built in 1914 on a hill top. The church can be seen from almost everywhere in the city, including my kitchen window 4,5 km away.

The church itself is a massiv and impressiv building, but I brought to small sketchbooks so I never succeeded in getting the whole building on one piece of paper.

I havn’t been up here for many years so I didn’t really know what to expect, but it turned out to be a popular place for tourists. There where many photographs taken, I will be in at least a half dozen of japanes photoalbums :-)
Later on when I moved a bit away from the church to get another angel I had a nice talk with a local "gentleman". He frankly stated "I can see what that is depicting ..."

So sketching on location seems to bee interacting with lots of different people you normally don't.
I was out for about 4 hours, sunny and a little windy - a perfect summerday, and had a great time! I'm already waiting for the next.

/Karin
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Gothenburg, Sweden [RESULT]

Post by bh yoo »

Really I love your drawings with warm colors. :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
Cheers!!!
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Congratulations on doing your first sketch crawl. Looks like a great place to sketch and you have a nice style. Yes, you do get to interact with other people while you sketch. Many of them often stop to look and comment.
Raudy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Raudy »

Good for you for sketching on your own! Keep up the good work. Maybe next time others will join you.
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Well done for completing your first Sketchcrawl! Great results! Looks like an impressive building.
mats_b_tegner
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mats_b_tegner »

Not bad. I'm also based in Gothenburg, Send me a message if you want to meet up for the next SketchCrawl. Here is a sketch from a friend of mine from central Gothenburg https://secure.flickr.com/photos/743235 ... 314418668/
Last edited by mats_b_tegner on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ars longa, Vita brevis
Tipulida
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tipulida »

Thank you all for nice comments :wave:
Mats - I'll post here on sketchcrawl if I do the next crawl, which I really hope. It would be great with company.

Return to “40th World Wide SketchCrawl”