Atlanta, GA USA

Saturday July 13th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Atlanta, GA USA

Post by debora »

Where do we want to meet for the Atlanta crawl? Last time we talked about possibly going to the Yellow River Game Ranch near Stone Mountain. I'd also like to sketch at Stone Mountain Park some time; it's such a quirky mix of nature preserve, theme park, and Confederate memorial.

Tom J., who showed up for the April crawl in downtown Decatur, has been seen a lot at the Atlanta History Center lately, so at first I thought that would be a convenient sketchcrawl site for him. Unfortunately their "Slavery at Monticello" exhibit ends this weekend and he's moving on.
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Atlanta, GA USA

Post by debora »

Since nobody has replied and there's a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms tomorrow, the Atlanta sketchcrawl is postponed for a week.
I plan to sketch here on Saturday the 20th: http://www.batlevent.org/history.html
Reply if you would like to set a meeting time.
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by debora »

Scott Boulevard Baptist Church on Flickr

Plein Jane in New Mexico sent a heartwarming note to check up on the Atlanta sketchcrawl. She crawled solo, and, even though I didn't think of what I did as a real crawl because I didn't set a meeting place and time, I did go out sketching. And now I realize I was with Plein Jane and with everyone else who crawled today. So here's the result. Done in my car in case it started raining (it didn't).

If you would like to meet to sketch next Saturday in Atlanta, reply to this thread.
PleinJane
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by PleinJane »

Nice way to describe our solo sketchcrawls, Debora. Even when sketching alone, we were together with all the other sketchcrawlers. Will look forward to sketching with you again.
erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by erlingingi »

I was out of town, but looks like I didn't miss much of a crawl this time. Hopefully I'll see tou next time. :)

Return to “40th World Wide SketchCrawl”