Saturday April 13th 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

kjulin
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
United States of America

Stevens Point, Wisconsin SketchCrawl [RESULTS]

Post by kjulin »

Central Wisconsin 39th World Wide SketchCrawl Results.
Only me this time; it was a cold day, with snow off and on. Hope to encourage more to join me during the warm summer months for the next SketchCrawl. I posted the images on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/katjulin/. It was uplifting to be out and sketching throughout the day, moving from one place to the next.

Snow on Main Street - it actually was a gentle, lovely view of the snow from the library second floor window.

Early morning start at Starbucks for the first sketch.

Moved down to Coffee Studio on Main Street in Stevens Point to meet up with sketchers. Wendy was making good bakery which added to the atmosphere for sketching.

Looking out the window, the buildings on Main Street offer many opportunities for sketching historic building details. This stone eagle is up in a pediment looking down at the street.

The outside patio deck at Emy Js was empty of people with snow on it. Looking forward to Spring........

Looking out a second-story window at the library, there were many details to be had at the higher level. Nice to enjoy them up there.

A detail looking out the window at the "Wooden Chair" Restaurant building.

Sketching what's around.

Ending the day with a cup of coffee, sharing drawings with others. It was an inspiring day to be out sketching, knowing others were doing it across the world. It also felt good just to sketch.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin SketchCrawl [RESULTS]

Post by Joan T »

Looks like you had a good sketchcrawl day despite the snowy weather. It is great that you had such good views out the windows.
kjulin
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
United States of America

Post by kjulin »

Thanks, Joan. Yes, we have great windows looking out onto the street!
Susan T
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Susan T »

Glad you went out despite the weather and going solo.You got alot of nice sketches done. Bravo!
kjulin
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
United States of America

Post by kjulin »

Thank you, Susan, for your comments. I will keep working at recruiting more sketchers for the next World Wide SketchCrawl in July. I really enjoy this venue for sharing our life across the world in images - Happy Earth Day! April 22 post.
sketchingtoo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sketchingtoo »

Nice collection of sketches and photos! You covered a nice variety of subjects in your sketches. Thanks for sharing!
kjulin
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
United States of America

Post by kjulin »

Thank you for your comment. It is encouraging and I really have enjoyed seeing all the diversity of sketches in these posts. What a wonderful experience for all.

Return to “39th World Wide SketchCrawl”