Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday April 13th 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Kiwibear »

Wellington Sketchers will be joining in. We plan to meet outside the Art Gallery on Civic Square at 11am, from which we will sketch our way towards and around the waterfront. We'll stop in a cafe for lunch. Best to check our website http://wellingtonsketchers.blogspot.co.nz/ if you are interested in coming along, as we will keep the details, map of where to meet, and any other arrangements on there. Sketchers of all abilities are welcome! Please RSVP if you are coming to Wellington.sketchers@gmail.com, so we can keep an eye out for you and have some idea of numbers! Hope to see you there.
Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Kiwibear »

Hi everyone,
After a spectacular summer of long, sunny days, the autumn rain has started. It was a wet drizzly day for our sketchcrawl! So only a small group of us were there. We sketched with our wet weather option in the library, which overlooks Civic Square, until lunch and then had lunch in a cafe. We all said that it was amazing to actually sit and look at the Square, as we have always just walked through it. When you look out across the skyline, it is a really eclectic mix of buildings. The Square has lots of interesting sculptures in it, from a big pyramid, to stone plinths and nikau palms. It almost looked quite futuristic, and from some angles a bit Egyptian (I thought). After lunch we braved a short non-rainy spell out to sketch by the waterfront, but after a few minutes the rain started again! This is the first time the Wellington Sketchers group has participated in the Worldwide Sketchcrawl, so that was great. We are hoping for better weather for the next one! We are going to hold a sketching meetup at Oriental Parade next month too to make up for not getting out to the waterfront this time. :)
thetaranakisketchers
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Wellington, New Zealand

Post by thetaranakisketchers »

Hey welcome Wellingtonians,

Great to see you getting out despite the weather, keep it up.
Also we'd love some bigger views of your sketches.

Cheers S
Capetownsketchers
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Capetownsketchers »

I visited your website/blog and wow you do do some lovely work. https://www.facebook.com/CapeTownSketchers?ref=hl
Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Kiwibear »

Hi. Thank you! Sorry I haven't been back to this page for such a long time, and hadn't seen your posts. We had some new sketchers there and I wasn't sure whether they were so comfortable with me taking photos of their books! But I think with a next sketch crawl we might be able to put up better photos! I'm loving looking at the sketches done by both your groups! Looking forward to the next one.

Return to “39th World Wide SketchCrawl”