Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

-jyoon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

SINGAPORE! [ RESULTS ]

Post by -jyoon »

[SINGAPORE]

Results from my first ever sketchcrawl!
Sketchcrawl No. 1 was an extremely wet day but when is rain ever an excuse for one to skip out on a day of sketching?
Spent my morning at Marina Bay Sands to warm up a bit and ended up spending 2 hours sketching and colouring this Taiwanese restaurant (with chinese ink and red watercolour paint)
Afterwards I wandered around MBS a little more before settling down at the foodcourt for another quick sketch. (above, top left)
Early afternoon was spent missing several stops after dozing off on the train while travelling to Tanah Merah and yet another quick sketch/ink wash at the train station while waiting for the arrival of my sketching comrades. (above, bottom left)
Finally, tracked down a well- known cheng tng stall(stall #31!, above) at Bedok Corner Food Centre where the friendly stall uncle wished me well in my studies and the rest of the day was sketched away in the presence of great company.

(FYI, Cheng tng, as you can see from the 2nd pic on the right, is a dessert that has longans, barley, agar strips, lotus seeds, and is served in a sweet soup. I had mine hot, perfect for a cold, rainy day :D)
tumblr: http://-jyoon.tumblr.com
trevoredavies
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: SINGAPORE! [ RESULTS ]

Post by trevoredavies »

Well done like your cartoon style. :thumbup:
Thanks Trevor
Last edited by trevoredavies on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

I like the color and detail in your sketches. Great job!!!
-jyoon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by -jyoon »

Thank you very much for all your kind words! I can't wait to sketch more and see how everyone improves :DDD
tumblr: http://-jyoon.tumblr.com

Return to “38th World Wide SketchCrawl”