Atlanta, GA USA [RESULTS]

Saturday January 19th 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Atlanta, GA USA [RESULTS]

Post by debora »

Four of us met at the Martin Luther King Historic Site for the Atlanta sketchcrawl. I came early and had to leave early, so I suppose it's appropriate that I post first. Yet again, I didn't get a chance to watch Erling use his homemade oil sketch kit. Looking forward to seeing here what everyone else did after I left, as well as the beautiful work they did in the morning. Temperature 36°F when I arrived and about 55°F when I left.

Here are two views of the old Ebenezer Baptist Church building. This is the church where King grew up and served as co-pastor with his father. In the foreground of the second picture is a statue of Kunta Kinte (from Alex Haley's Roots) holding baby Kizzy in a ritual that must have inspired the makers of Lion King.

erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Atlanta, GA USA [RESULTS]

Post by erlingingi »

4 sketchers met at MLK memorial in the old fourth ward in Atlanta. There was a talk in the Ebenizer Babtist church with some children of the leaders of the civil rights movement including dr. King's daughter. A few of us sketched some of the attendees. I was planning to do some oil painting but it didn't work out. I did sketch some fellow subway riders on the way home.

ImageImage
Susan T
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Susan T »

Nice looking sketches and a very fitting location since it is MLK Bday this weekend! :clap: :clap: :clap:
will_burns
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by will_burns »

Messin' around with the new ipad with homemade stylus- thanks Erling :)

debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by debora »

Will, I don't remember exactly how many you did, but I thought you did more than that, so don't hold anything back because they were beautiful. And tell Anna that she is required to post hers. She got a good view of the scene inside the church, showing the architecture and the audience, and hers sums up the events of the day best of all.

Erling, I see the next crawl is April 13. How about doing a seasonal topic again, the IRS service center in Chamblee? (JUST KIDDING!!!! - though Buford Hwy is a great place to get lunch!)
Redcrow
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Redcrow »

Nice work! I hope I can join you guys next time. I've missed out on the last few of these.
John Bridges
Red Crow Studio
www.redcrowstudio.net

Return to “38th World Wide SketchCrawl”