By John
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Re: Vienna, Austria [RESULTS]

Post by markfletcher »

Gut Gemacht, Manfred and John!
Glad you posted...Super drawings! You even captured the reflected sun's rays on the modern buildings. Sara was amused by the lone duck in the canal. I like the white patches in the windows and your reflective colors in the water. The perspective is good. Thanks also for the cultural info-links.
We both remember the toad graffiti, but I like the simple bird graffiti better.
Great to see pictures of you guys again... I hope Gabi and Fanda are feeling better by now, and hope Arco Iris' checkup was OK. [Sara wants to know why the "9" is in your name?]
Bravo! :thumbup:
Mark PS the same conductor from Wien Summersnacht symphony performance at Shonnbrun (Gustavo Dudamel from Venezuela) has been touring the US performing Mahler. The newspapers are comparing him to Mozart :eh: I guess his flamboyant energy conducting, or maybe his hair?
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Re: Vienna, Austria [RESULTS]

Post by m9fred »

On a bright but quite chilly morning John and I met at our meeting place near Schwedenbrücke (Sweden Bridge) to make some sketches along Danube Canal.
The Donaukanal (Danube Canal) is a former arm of the river Danube within the City of Vienna.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaukanal
Gabi and Fanda cancelled their participation because both had caught a cold and Arco Iris had to undergo a medical check-up at hospital.

After waiting about half an hour for other sketchers John and I strolled along Danube Canal from Schwedenbrücke to Urania where the Wien River flows into the Danube Canal. We attempted to draw the ships there which are used for sightseeing cruises on Danube Canal and river Danube on an regular schedule or can be chartered for corporate or private events.
http://www.ddsg-blue-danube.at/eng/index.php

At the walls along the Canal and under the bridges we gazed at some skillful graffiti and near the conjunction of the Danube Canal and the Wien River we found an sunny and windless spot ideal for sketching.

Sorry for posting our results so late but the week after this sketchcrawl I had to cope with a stomach flu followed by a cold with made me coughing and sneezing for several days.

"MS Vindobona" at the DDSG landing stage near Schwedenbrücke.

Graffiti at the walls and under a bridge

Clubschiff "Johann Strauss", a fixed vessel used as a restaurant

Me sketching the ship "Johann Strauss".

Danube Canal, ships and bridges

nice and simple graffiti

modern building next to Danube Canal

sitting and sketching in the warm rays of sunlight

John

m9fred

Return to “37th World Wide SketchCrawl”