Skärholmen, Stockholm, Sweden [ RESULTS ]

Saturday July 14th 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

peteel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Skärholmen, Stockholm, Sweden [ RESULTS ]

Post by peteel »

My first try in Sketchcrawl ... I didn't want to announce in advance too much as I wasn't sure I would be able to participate. I just mentioned in my presentation here at the forum that I would possibly try to go out to sketch in Skärholmen. So I had no companion for the sketching. When the morning of july 14 came, I left home a bit after 10, then sketched a couple of hours before returning home. It was really nice, even though I was alone and felt slifhtly restless and had hard to focus. The weather was nice, a bit windy but sunny sometimes, cloudy sometimes. Great day for being outside and hanging around in the centre. I went to the terrace above Skärholmen square, which is a lively place with fruit market stands and large fountains. It turned out most of the terrace with view over the square was closed off for construction work, but one spot was free to stand and sketch on. I also sat in the stairs down to the square. After a while I went to the beautiful perennial park and painted some before going home.

As I said, I had a wonderful time although I didn't really feel peace to complete anything fully. I'm a beginner although I used to train drawing many years ago. This very quick sketch I think is the one that feels most like a real completed sketch:

I think this was an inspiring day, and I will surely try to participate in forthcoming sketchcrawls from now on!
Carina
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Carina »

Hi, great work! We are a group of Stckholm sketchers, come with us next time! It's lots of fun sketching together. :thumbup:
peteel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by peteel »

Thanks Carina, that seems nice, I would like to come with you sometime.

Return to “36th World Wide SketchCrawl”