San Francisco, CA [Results]

Saturday April 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Justin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco, CA [Results]

Post by Justin »

Here's a few of mine via instagram. Those who made it to Dr. Sketchy's would agree - Twinkle Toes McGee was a hit! (gas mask not optional).

http://instagr.am/p/JsxE0SNU49/
http://instagr.am/p/Jsw5zGtU4z/
justin
splinesmith
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by splinesmith »

First SketchCrawl I've managed to make it to since #28 (almost two years ago!)
So for this first warm-up, I just wanted to sketch the street where I parked, so that I could find my car later.

I had my first ever cannoli at the Caffe Trieste, and it almost disappeared before I could sketch it! Also, the lamp was in the back part of the cafe, and I was intrigued by the quality of light. And lastly, after drinking that big latté, I needed to find this place shown in the lower right (at Washington Square).

I grabbed a few motion studies at Washington Square. It was such a gorgeous, sunny day!

Then got to the meeting place (Ghirardelli) early, so I sketched the Aquatic Park area at the end of the Hyde Street pier. (That's the square-rigger Balclutha.)

And lastly, walking back to my car I cut through part of Chinatown, and was amused by this scene. A group of Chinese men on the street side of the sidewalk playing mahjong in a very animated fashion. And just opposite them in a shop was a group of Chinese ladies haggling with a store owner in a very animated fashion!
John Atkinson
Atkinson Productions
Su02420
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Su02420 »

This is my first SketchCrawl and I shared it with our MeetUp group, SF Sketchershttp://www.meetup.com/SF-Sketchers/, which gathers almost weekly at different points around San Francisco to sketch together.

Drinking coffee at Cafe Trieste in North Beach

View from Cafe Trieste to Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill

Sun bathers on a warm sunny day in Washington Square, North Beach, SF
LaurieW
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LaurieW »

My first sketchcrawl ever and I very much enjoyed the beautiful sunny day sketching North Beach.
I've posted sketches on the Flickr Sketchcrawl group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sketchcrawl/
because I can't figure out how to post images here. (I'll get Sue or Geoff to give me a tutorial at the next SF Sketchers meetup.)
cheers,
Laurie
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JCTrujillo »

This is all looking amazing guys. I don't have time to document and post right now, but I'm going to try to squeeze it in by the end of the week. I was blown away by everyone's work at the end too. Also, Enrico I didn't get to see your stuff before you headed out so if you get a chance please post. I'd like to take a peek :D

Already counting the days until the summer one!
LaurieW
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LaurieW »

Armed with Sue's instructions, I will attempt to post some images from the day. Looks like the right side of these is getting cut off, but it's good enough I think.
Cheers, Laurie

Here's our glorious leader.

And the equally glorious leader of Dr Sketchy's

A long conversation in the grass at Washington Square Park

A lot of people turned out to soak up the sun in Washington Square Park that day, plus another group that hid in the shade.

Condiments on my lunch table at the Michaelangelo Cafe on Columbus Street. The olive oil bottle was casting a wonderful golden light on the salt shaker.

Here's the crowd at Ghirardelli Square at the end of the day, swapping sketchbooks.
gary
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gary »

I arrived late in the day, having spent the morning at a map sale at UCBerkeley across the bay. Caught up with some of the sketchers at Washington Square and only made it to the Dr. Sketchy's for the last two minutes or so of the very last pose. The dog, I am told, is called Coco. Good to see everyone as usual, and fine weather in the city. See you all next time. G
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Lots of fun sketches from the birthplace of sketchcrawl. I wish I could have gone.
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JCTrujillo »

This was definitely one of the favorite Crawls I've been to. Glad to see you all.

-James

Return to “35th World Wide SketchCrawl”