SYDNEY, Australia

January 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

SYDNEY, Australia

Post by alissa »

Sydney will be joining in the Sketchcrawl. The Sydney Sketch Club are keen to be involved

Any suggestions for a place to sketch ???

Alissa
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: SYDNEY, Australia

Post by alissa »

I have had a suggestion from Kaz. Lisa and Meegan that we go to Hyde Park to sketch - meet at the fountain and then perhaps walk up to the War Memorial. Perhaps BYO picnic lunch or pop into the city to buy lunch and all meet back somewhere on the park.

Sounds good to me !
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

There has been a little bit of offline discussion about where to meet and Kaz's suggestions appears to be popular !
(and there have been no other discussions here)

So 10 am outside the War Memorial Hyde Park, stay there for a while and then walk down to the Archibald Fountain in Hyde Park North. That;s nice and close to the city of you want to go and get lunch or BYO.

Fingers crossed for fine weather.....
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

great! I love the idea too!
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

sounds good to me too. I'll try to be there. I may be somewhere else as I have visitors from Spain... then I'll draw whenever I am... I'll do my best to be there anyway!
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

Hi everyone...

Just confirming that the details above by Alissa are the go:

So 10 am outside the War Memorial Hyde Park, stay there for a while and then walk down to the Archibald Fountain in Hyde Park North. That;s nice and close to the city of you want to go and get lunch or BYO.

I am sure some of us will continue sketching in the afternoon.

Sounds great and despite the lack of activity here we are expecting a good number... so please join us at any time and for how ever long you can.

Liz
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Thanks Liz - Yes that's all correct.

I realise the War Memorial hasfour sides of Park around it, so I am going to be by the water /pond feature.

We have abouit 30 people coming - that's very exciting !

This week I'll look around for a wet-weather alternative nearby (just in case) / Othrwise - see you all there on the day. and bring along any friends and family of all ages who might like to draw for a while too - all welcome.
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Seems that I'll be able to be there :)
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

Just to update... We have a big group – approx 40 from the Sketch Club saying they will come... http://www.meetup.com/art-494/
So if anyone else sees this and is thinking about joining PLEASE come! We are a very friendly bunch and this will be a blast with such a group!!!

Patchy weather forecast but we intend to stick to the original plan.

However, if it is pouring rain, (not just grey skies and a slight shower) the nearest back up venue that is undercover is The Australian Museum. However there is a entry charge of $12

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Location ... -Transport Australian Museum is located on the corner of College Street and William Street in central Sydney, just across the road from Hyde Park and opposite St.Mary's Cathedral. TheMeet Level 2, Search & Discover .

See you all tomorrow!!!

Liz

Return to “34th World Wide SketchCrawl”