Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Wichita, Kansas - Let's sketch Delano

Post by CrowTalk »

Wichita Sketchers,
Let's meet at Bluebird Arthouse at 924 W. Douglas at 1 PM for the Wichita Sketchcrawl. If the weather is typical January weather, we can sit inside the store and sketch Delano through the windows. Or maybe we can sketch Bertie, the resident store cat? Anyone is welcome to participate. You can even buy your sketching supplies at Bluebird Arthouse.
Image Image
See you in historic Delano on Saturday, January 21, from 1 to 5 PM!
CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Re: Wichita, Kansas - Let's sketch Delano

Post by CrowTalk »

Wichita sketchers,
A little more information for you:

If you want to do a true "sketchcrawl" in Delano, it should be possible for sketchers to draw in some of the businesses near Bluebird Arthouse. The merchants I talked to yesterday seemed welcoming. A few sketchers working in "Oldies N Goodies" antique store could have a fine time drawing some of the interesting old toys on display for sale there. Wichita sketchers can show Delano inside and out. The front windows of Bluebird Arthouse offer a good, clear view of Douglas, so we have a comfortable, warm location if true January weather arrives before the 21st.

You may be new to this SketchCrawl forum. It's easy for you to register for a sketchcrawl account by clicking on "Register" on the upper right side of this screen and filling out a form. Having your own account will permit you to post your own pictures from the sketchcrawl, if you wish. You can also respond to the posts of other sketchcrawlers if you have your own account. (I have had NO problems with spam as a result of registering for an account here.) In case you haven't explored the forum, there are around 60 sketching events registered around the world so far for Sketchcrawl 34 from Osaka to Vienna to Muscat (Oman) to London to Wichita.

I saw lots of nice supplies for sketching in Bluebird Arthouse yesterday. The Pitt Artist Pens and Koi watercolor sketch kits are great. Plenty of different sketchbooks for sale in the store, too. Greetings and encouragement from Bertie the cat are priceless.
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by CyberDave »

CrowTalk.. :wave:

You folks have some good ideas there getting participation and acceptance from the local merchants. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bertie seems quite the willing "sketch-a-genic" subject :lol:

Wow.. Bluebird has a lot of nice room in the window to sit and sketch.

To all you Wichita sketchcrawlers... I wish you all a lot of fun and good luck on the 21st of Jan.

Cheers
Dave Fletcher
[CyberDave]
Vancouver, BC, Canada
CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by CrowTalk »

Thank you for your kind words, CyberDave. Looking forward to seeing the results from Vancouver. I hope you have fun welcoming the Year of the Dragon whether you end up sketching the festivities or other subjects. Best wishes, Mary (aka CrowTalk)

Return to “34th World Wide SketchCrawl”