Sydney [Results]

October 15th 2011
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sydney [Results]

Post by davidjack »

This SketchCrawl for Sydney was all about CBD sculptures. I included a map to make it easier to know where the sculptures were located. It was finally a glorious spring day! I've been feeling sick for the last couple of days, so I couldn't join the group BUT I had the chance to go there during the afternoon and prepare my sketches. Such a Great day!
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Sydney [Results]

Post by CyberDave »

David..

Nice going organizing this. The map really helps from a remote viewers perspective too. I googled the area earlier looking for the sculptures an it took a bit of work except for the pig.

Great sketches and I am sorry you were feeling unwell.
I look forward to seeing sketches from any other Sydney sketchers. I will check back later.

Cheers
CyberDave
Vancouver, Canada
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

great sketches David and love the map as well!
I didn't make it out on Saturday with the group either... but here are my sketches done during the day at home - views of the suburbia of Sydney!
Colorbond Roof extensions and solar panels. Unlike the extension I posted the other day, this one retains the scale of the existing californian bungalow. We are the only ones (from tour battleaxe block) who really see the new shining roof.
Celebrating 2 weeks detox from black tea (earl grey in particular) A few people have wanted to see me do a colour chart of the different coloured teas I have been drinking in the last 2 weeks... I thought I would sketch the cups as well. I am so OVER drawing tea cups as a result of doing this today!
An afternoon reading in the garden.... here is the accompanying sketch. Hills hoist (clothes drying line) and Lap and cap is the fence. the palings are lapped and then capped. (a cheaper fence is just lapped and not capped)
Josu from Spain (Basque Country to be exact) recently got a pilot parallel pen and did some amazing things with it. I resisted the urge for a week or so... but after seeing his great sketches I weakened. It is a calligraphy pen and delightfully unpredictable (at the moment till I get the hang of it) Sketch of the front cover of a book near where I was sitting and a view of my study.

I will organise a post of what the group of sketchcrawlers actually did on Saturday...soon!
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Great sketches liz! I love this new parallel pilot thingy :) look like it has so much potential!
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Great drawings from the day. David, you were lucky with the fantastic weather. I like your images of the day as they encapsulate each place. One of my favourite sculpture installations is the "architectural graveyard" at the Gardens. I look forward to seeing more Sydney sketches as I could not make it there on the day.
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Welldone Sydney crawlers. All sketches are awesome. I esp. love the curvy building, the solar panelled house, and the tea cup collection. :thumbup:

Ai
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Ah! Amazing the crawl tea! So cute!
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

Here is the report of the Sydney crawlers....
A small group of 8 Sydneysiders got together for a CBD 'sculpture crawl' to celebrate the 33rd International Sketchcrawl. Following a few days of poor weather we were very lucky to have the rain clear to quite a warm sunny day. It was suggested that we take the challenge of limiting time at each of 3 sketch stops to 30-35 minutes and everyone seemed to enjoy the chance to focus on the same subject/s, yet participants showed a diverse range of interpretation in both B&W pen work and watercolour renditions - firstly of a boar statue at the Sydney Eye Hospital, then moving to an outside area of the Botanic Gardens and finally to the forecourt of an office building named after the 16th Prime Minister of Australia.

Thanks to Jennifer for organising this event!

moleskine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by moleskine »

Great idea on the 30 mins stops. I would have certainly enjoyed it. Awesome results!
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

I always love seeing everyone's sketches put together in one shot. Looks like you all had a great time and the sketches are wonderful.
snoozysusi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by snoozysusi »

Hello Sydney,
very interesting to see those sketches from the other side of the world. Inspiring work. I especially like the drawing with the tee cups.
Sandra
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Fascinating sculpture drawings and nice photos! It seems you had a real nice sketching day!
davidjack - The 3rd and the 4th are especially my favorite Lovely part color use!
Liz - Superb tea series as usual and I really love the garden sketch! Both has such happy mood :thumbup:
Shello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Shello »

These are fantastic and what a great idea to give the day a focusing theme! Beautiful sketches! The tea-cups!

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”