LONDON UK [RESULTS]

October 15th 2011
zzhenia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

LONDON UK [RESULTS]

Post by zzhenia »

Hi all! I really wanted to join the crowd near Tate Modern, but embarrasingly enough spent most of yesterday in the theater in Kingston where it was quite dark and almost impossible to do any sketching... So here's some sketches from some days before. Pub crowd:
Sketch from a night bus:Image

Looking forward to the sketches from people who crawled yesterday!

Best regards,
Zhenia
regards, zhenia
my flickr and website
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: LONDON UK [RESULTS]

Post by Tom D »

These are really fresh, loose sketches, zzhenia. I love the feeling of these, especially the relaxing guy.

We had a pretty good day out, sketching our way through the protesters at St Pauls Cathedral. As I was sketching the police a lady asked me if I was with the protesters, as if sketching were a part of the plan to keep an eye on the authorities. Sometimes sketching in public can put you in touch with current events and (possibly) be an opportunity to document a part of history.

pascal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by pascal »

great work Tom. The policemen seem really big !

Pascal
zzhenia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zzhenia »

great sketches - this is always a pleasure to look at your work, Tom!
Looks like you got to the real action guys - will definitely arrange to join you for the next skethcrawl! - Zhenia
regards, zhenia
my flickr and website
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by CyberDave »

London Sketchers :wave:

Great sketches from all of you.
zzhenia.. I like your people sketches .. so much fun. I laughed so hard :lol: :lol: when I saw your sketch of the guy on the Night Bus. It portrayed so much feeling. :thumbup:
Tom D... really cool sketches 8) .. loved the police ones and wow that b/w courtyard sketch :thumbup: I have to agree with Pascal, those Policement are really big. Is that a kid looking up at the Policemen or are they feeding the police "Miracle Grow" in London these days. :)

Cheers
CyberDave
Vancouver, Canada
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

Missed you again zzhenia , great sketches , really economic use of lines . Tom you captured the massive police presence perfectly.
A very interesting day . Most likely the last reasonably warm day of the year. And with a little bit of history happening all around.
We started outside Tate Modern sketched amongst the protests by St Paul's Cathedral and ended up in Barbican . All the while Helicopters buzzed overhead.
Think there was about 17 of us .A few of us went back to Tate Modern and had a drink on the top floor cafe which had a great view of the cityscape.
All in all a very memorable crawl .
theea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by theea »

This was an interesting sketchcrawl, we visited some of Londons best sites - the Barbican, the Tate Modern and even got to look at St Pauls Cathedral ,if fleetingly. There was a lot going on, what with the protesters, tourists and police - it did however present some interesting subjects to sketch. To top it all off the weather was perfect for october and as Neil mentioned, we finished up at a the Tate Modern's bar which had amazing views across london.

I'm loving the the work posted so far, here are some of my efforts...
mattianelli
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mattianelli »

Good sketches everybody!
it's been a great day, I hope i can join again next time
these are my results:

view from Tate Modern

near S. Paul Cathedral

Barbican
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

Theea and Mattianelli your sketches are great thanks for putting them up . Really solid controlled lines . Excellent. Hope to see you both on another crawl sometime.
Cheers. :thumbup:
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Lovely sketches Zhenia, I really enjoyed your sketches from your last London sketchcrawl, so always good to see more!

Nice to see everybody elses sketches again too, I really enjoyed going through them all on the day.

Tom, inspiring as always. I couldn't believe you'd done that pencil sketch while we were sitting in the barbican centre! And those policemen in the alley were just how I remembered them. Scale and all.

Neil, glad to see you uploaded the colour sketch by the fountain! I enjoyed seeing that come together, and again, it captures the mood of where we were.

Anthea, really enjoyed flicking through your sketchbook on saturday, the way you use those clean lines in your figures is really impressive! Especially love the one of Matt and the little baby at the bottom.

Mattia, the accuracy of your perspectives is just ridiculous! Especially considering the complex forms of the millenium bridge! Really well done.

Thoroughly enjoyed Saturday, the weather was great, and we had a decent turnout. Things did seem to get quite heated with the protests, but thankfully everything calmed down towards the end of the afternoon. Apparently Julian Assange turned up at St. Pauls.

4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by 4ojos »

Congratulations to all participants! I really like your style, zzhenia, pity you didnt sketch any of the protesters. It would have been great to see your approach!
thetaranakisketchers
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thetaranakisketchers »

Great showing London - good stuff.

Did especially like the figures in that first pic zzhenia
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Super sketches, London sketchers. I especially love all the people scenes. :clap:

Ai
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

You guys did very interesting sketches, I like especially these about people, nicely stylization in every style! :clap:
martine kervagoret
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by martine kervagoret »

beau travail j'aime beaucoup les personnages

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”