TORONTO, CANADA {Results}

October 15th 2011
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

TORONTO, CANADA {Results}

Post by Morrys »

Today I was sick, so I couldn't join the Sketchcrawl outside. Too bad because there was a girl from Oslo (Stella) that was just looking forward to draw with some local people, but reality is, very few people in Toronto like to join this kind of things, get one sick and one out of town and you're there sketching by yourself. Which Enrico told me is actually better because you get to draw much more :-)

so, this first one is between sleeps, I got the veggie garden from the window of the kitchen (the point of view is low because I live in a basement and that is a window door) and then the little wolf magnet I made for Vuk, and then ... well, I went back to sleep.
33sketchcrawl_wolf_small by kym.watts, on Flickr

This is Kym, he always support my drawing so he allow me to sketch him while he's working on Them Greeks (http://www.themgreeks.com) which he's enjoying a lot because has to solve many technical problems and writes new tools.
33Sketchcrawl_kym_small by kym.watts, on Flickr

Well, this I though was funny, as today I got to draw at home, at this point better I get other people to know us better from these details :-D
33Sketchcrawl_shoes_small by kym.watts, on Flickr

I hope everybody else got fun and I especially hope that Stella will share some picture of toronto from her new eyes pint of view.
Ciao ciao
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: TORONTO, CANADA {Results}

Post by Stella »

I met up alone at the Moonbean Cafe in Kensington Market and drew from my table in the corner with the help of excellent coffee.

I then walked down to the "Occupy Bay street," Canada's equivelent to "occupy Wall street" and was redirected a few blocks west to St. Andrew's church. There I came across a group of people meditating. Unfortunatly they were finished before I was.

Then this little taped off garden caught my eye. In the background are the occupyers/demonstrators. A sign in the garden reads: "God's Garden" "The kiss of the sun for pardon - The song of the birds for mirth - One is nearer to God in a garden - Than antwhere else on earth." Dorothy Frances Gurney. Thank you Toronto for a great Sketch crawl Day. Next sketch Crawl will be back in Oslo. Stella.
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

You did amazing drawing! What a great addition to sktches of Toronto, I wish to have you around more often :-)
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Thank you Morrys! Good you managed to sketch from home.
Stella
jiwaki
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by jiwaki »

You got the crawl done anyway Morena, and a very funny report of your day! Brava :) I especially like the second, with Kym thinking. In bocca al lupo per il prossimo sketchcrawl!

Stella, very nice and detailed watercolors, I like the contrasts in the last drawing, with tape, garden and protest.
Image + Image + Image
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by CyberDave »

Morrys & Stella..

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well Morrys.... hope you are all better now.

Great stuff.. glad you were both able to sketch and post, even if it was solo.
Morrys nice little personal sketches and a little insight to your family life.
Stella, fantastic sketches.. my favourite is the garden with the cherub. Nice composition, sketching and use of colour.

Just thinking Morry's if you are interested in gardens ... There used to be a little garden tour that they did on Toronto Island. Do they still have the houses out there? Anyway, Stella's garden sketch reminded me of this. Many of the little houses/cottages had colourful wildflower gardens that would make good sketch scenes.

Cheers
David Fletcher
[CyberDave]
Vancouver, Canada
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Morrys - You did some great fun sketching at home! It just goes to show that illness can't keep a good sketcher down!

Stella - I love your sketches, expecially the group meditating and the last one of the protest. Nice!
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Thank you, Jiwaki, Dave, and Joan for your good words. I love this community of sketchers.
Stella

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”