Condom, France - [RESULTS]

October 15th 2011
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Condom, France - [RESULTS]

Post by CyberDave »

This should really be labeled as "The Three Musketeers and D'Artagnan".
As I remember in the Alexandre Dumas story it started out as the Three Musketeers (Athos, Porthos, and Aramis) with D'Artagnan leaving home to join the Musketeers of the Guard. This was also turned into a movie.
Later there is a movie created called the Man in the Iron Mask.
There is also a movie that was created about 20 years after the original adventure, This story line is about the re-union of the Three Musketeers and D'Artagnan. In this story line the result is that D'Artagnan becomes Captain of the Musketeers, making him the fourth Musketeer.

Cela devrait vraiment être étiquetés comme "Les Trois Mousquetaires et de D'Artagnan».
Comme je me souviens de l'histoire d'Alexandre Dumas qu'il a commencé comme les Trois Mousquetaires (Athos, Porthos et Aramis) avec d'Artagnan de quitter la maison pour rejoindre les mousquetaires de la garde. Cela a également été transformé en un film.
Plus tard, il ya un film créé appelé l'Homme au Masque de Fer.
Il ya aussi un film qui a été créé environ 20 ans après l'aventure originale, cette histoire est en ligne sur la ré-union des trois mousquetaires et d'Artagnan. Dans cette ligne d'histoire, le résultat est que d'Artagnan devient capitaine des mousquetaires, faisant de lui le quatrième mousquetaire.

I hope my French translation makes sense.. I have not written French for over 35 years. :(
Merci..
CyberDave
Vancouver, Canada
Tatie
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Tatie »

Nice translation, Dave :thumbup: .
In fact, "The Three Musketeers" have been adapted as movies more than a hundred times!

D'Artagnan (the main character of Alexandre Duma's novel) really existed. His name was Charles de Batz Castelmore, comte d'Artagnan. He was born in the family castle near Lupiac, not far from Condom. That is why there is the famous statue in Condom.
There is another famous statue of D'Artagnan in Auch, the historic capital of Gasconny. This is where the 34th Sketchcrawl will take place in Gers, as we want to change places regularly in our zone.

And here is a letter signed D'Artagnan, just for you, Dave ;)

Il y a une autre statue de d'Artagnan à AUCH, capitale historique de la Gascogne. C'est là que se tiendra le deuxième Sketchcrawl gascon (34ème Sketchcrawl international), pour changer de Condom. Marianne vous y attend nombreux (pour ma part je serai dans le Morvan à cette date).
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hey, great sketches, Condom-sketchers. :thumbup:
Funny, I grew up thinking there were only 3 musketeers because of the American chocolate bar.
And Cyer-Dave, your sketches weren't too bad either--for a person of British Descent. [I know, I know, at least you posted on time...where is that leftover covered bridge pizza?]
(Apologies, UK friends. if that's not PC; self-deprecating humor? since it takes one to know one)
your Cyber-cousin,
Mark Fletcher Tallahasse Florida USA
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
martinepittet
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by martinepittet »

Très belle collection!! Beaucoup de finesse et d'originalité! Pour une première, c'est une réussite ! Bravo !! :clap:
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Tatie,
Just taking a second look at your art. I sketched a couple bridges recently; Although our styles are different, I enjoyed your bridge the most this time. :thumbup:
Mark Fletcher Tallahassee Florida USA
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Tatie,
Just letting you know, I've posted 4 more images at Tallahassee Florida USA [RESULTS]
Thanks for your interest and patience! :lol:
Mark Fletcher
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Great job everyone!! Thanks for sharing your work.

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”