Bangkok, THAILAND [RESULTS]

October 15th 2011
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Bangkok, THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by eyes »

Previously, the group BangkokSketchers had a plan to get together at a floating market on Oct 15 but now the central part of Thailand is under heavy flood and Bangkok might experience some of the effect this weekend.

So the BangkokSketchers group has canceled the designated spot and now each individual SketchCrawler can sketch where they see fit. I will start a "Result Post" on Oct 15 morning for anyone to share the sketches.

Happy Sketching !!!
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bangkok, THAILAND

Post by asnee »

thank you K Ai for the prelude to the possibly WET sketchcrawl day #33 from bangkok! hope bangkok could be kept dry but again, wonder how it feels like to be the only few fortunate dry areas in the soaking, flooding, sub merging country.
Kim.M.
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Kim.M. »

Hi Asnee, Eyes and Bangkok sketchers,

I read about the flooding in Thailand. This is terrible news. I am glad to hear that Bangkok is still considered "safe" (?). But still, for the country...

I am sorry to hear that you won't be getting together this time. Still, I look forward to seeing Bangkok sketches, and wish you all a good day tomorrow. See you on the forum!

Cheers,
Kim
qsima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by qsima »

Hello Sketchers, everyone :) :

Unfortunately our sketching date has been cancelled and I have to stand by at home watching out since my area is in the flooding potential :cry:
I've got no choice but sketching some flooding scene from what I found in my Facebook.
I did 2 of them and hope they could represent what condition we are in at the present.

The first one I draw is the half drawn Buddha image at Logayasutharam Temple, Ayudhaya

The second sketch is of the doggies awaiting for helps surrounding with water

Never mind wordings of "Day 61/Day 62" for they are the number of sketches as part of '' 75 day Sketch Challenge" project I'd joined since August 16, 2011
75 Day Sketch Challenge created by Brenda Swenson, anyone can join and get Artist License when finished
http://brendaswenson.blogspot.com/2010/ ... lenge.html
For those who are interested, view 62 (so far) of 75 here :
http://www.esnips.com/web/BaanHueyNamRinRajburiSept2009
or in facebook here
: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 347&type=1

Thank you for viewing, until next crawl (hope to be dry) :wave:
Qsima
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

P'Wan (qsima),

Those flood scenes of Thailand are amazing and yet haunting at the same time. I hope your home area in Bangkok stay dry and safe. I have raised some stuffs at our home too. I hope to post mine tomorrow. I did some sketching today but my kid is sick and I have no time to process the digital images.

Super job for this SketchCrawl ka.

Ai
qsima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by qsima »

Thanks ka A. Ai! Truth is, I've been waiting for you and others to post first until late evening but no one showed up!! :crazy:
Will wait to see yours tomorrow!
:thumbup:

With this, I'd like to post another sketch of Ayudhaya flooding scene from Tom - Patcharee Pokham, a new member who plans to sketch with us for the first time, but failed to due to the flood situation. She is now at her Khaoyai home and sketched from today morning newspaper.

I do hope to be able to bring Tom to sketch together with the group next time!

Qsima
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Hi all,

My SketchCrawl day was a bit hectic starting by taking my little daughter to the doctor, then after some medicine and my auntie has helped caring for her Tone and i headed out for some lunch and later roamed at the local temple (Puthabucha Temple) along Bangmod canal and also visiting another local orchid farm along the same canal. We got stuck at the orchid farm for some time due to the heavy rain.

Last but not least, the local dog watching the water surround by the Canal after the heavy rain. Bangkok is expecting a flooding situation in a few days. I hope we all can get through this without serious problem.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.... On to the next Crawl.

Ai
JuPli
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bangkok, THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by JuPli »

Hello Bangkok sketchers!

I hope you are all Ok...

your drawings are incredible scenes but great drawings!

take care!

juliette
qsima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by qsima »

A.Ai Great sketches and photos!! :clap: Love the orchids and Leo beer the most! (they really serve chicken wings in the mortar hahaha...)
Qsima
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

thank you kim, juliette for your kind thought. bangkok is still dry at the moment, but those by the water edge along chao phraya river and all other canals are having trouble keeping their feet dry.
K ai and K whan, you both are just wonderful, with the speedy post and lovely crawl as well. it's a good idea to sketch from the papers, tv broadcast or those found in the net as it is near impossible to attempt the actual sketch on where the floods are. i might try it later though, if the flood indeed reach bangkok despite all the assurances by both the bangkok governor and the prime minister!

however, i went out to a canal community called Bang Bua with pramote and namchai. Klong Bang Bua is just some 20 minutes drive from the heart of bangkok, the water level of the canal is less than a meter from most of the dwelling units and is already over flow the concrete curb and railing at the road side.

hope we will be back to our normal life soon and that we'll have more fun the next crawl around...:-)
see you guys soon.
asnee
Tatie
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Tatie »

Hello to all Bangkok sketchers. I hope you are all well and that the water will get away soon. I think our radios and TVs don't speak enough of what is going on in your country.
All the drawings above are amazingly "real".

Bravo et bon courage à tous.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

More crawl from the water-world of Thailand

Post by asnee »

more sketches crawled by bangkok sketchers Pramote http://www.facebook.com/pramokit

and

and another sketch by Namchai http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=645186968

cheers
pascal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by pascal »

many thanks for all these points of view on Bangkok under water

Pascal
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Kim & Juliette & Tatie: Thank you so much for your kind comments.

P'Asnee: Thank you so much ka. Wow the scene of Klong Bang Bua has higher water than my neighbor Klong Bangmod. I like the colorful houses and they are being on the edge.

P'Promote: It is so nice to see your sketches as well, those charming houses barely make it above water are very well record.

K'Tom: The flooding scene of Ayudthaya pagoda is well recorded. I hope to sketch with you soon.

K.Ood: The houses and the texture effect you did on it is very interesting. I shall learn a lot from that. I like the water reflextion very much too ka.

Great fun crawl everyone.
Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Sophie Valenti »

You are so Brave and so talented Artists !
Thank you for sharing and hope you are going to recover soon !
Regards
Sophie

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”